2020 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Free agency begins 9 AM Thursday.

right, but i think there is time when he cant and he plays for the current deal.

Could be.

Depends on the contract. All I can find is "Opt Out After 2019" with no specific date.

Strasburg has until Noon Saturday to opt out of his contract.

EDIT: Chapman's deadline is Saturday also, 11:59 pm.

Last edited:
Munson and Matting both belong imo. (Tommy John's elbow as well).

The Yanks can still bring him back for less than $17.8 mil.

If he signs elsewhere, the Yanks will not receive any draft compensation.

If he signs elsewhere, the Yanks will not receive any draft compensation.
Can't believe they would give up a draft pick like that. Seems he's not in their plans moving forward. Must be they felt he might accept the qualifying offer. Unless they are thinking he will come cheaper on the free agent market.

Can't believe they would give up a draft pick like that. Seems he's not in their plans moving forward. Must be they felt he might accept the qualifying offer. Unless they are thinking he will come cheaper on the free agent market.

Or we're going with Torres and LeMahieu at the middle infield.

Can't believe they would give up a draft pick like that. Seems he's not in their plans moving forward. Must be they felt he might accept the qualifying offer.

Yep, and they wanted to save that money for a bigger fish. The draft pick is after the 4th round I think I read?

Might have worked out if they didn't have to pay the stiff (Ellsbury) another $21M for "rehab".

Yep, and they wanted to save that money for a bigger fish. The draft pick is after the 4th round I think I read?

Might have worked out if they didn't have to pay the stiff (Ellsbury) another $21M for "rehab".
Yeah, although alot is being covered by insurance I think. Unfortunately it still goes against the luxury tax cap. I wonder if they will try and deal Stanton this offseason. I know he has a no trade clause but he might be willing to accept a trade to a more friendly environment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom