2020 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training ...

Yeah, give me:
years 1 - 3: (16.5 WAR) [fangraphs])
years 4 - 6: (7.5 WAR)
years 7 - 9: (0 WAR)

Even with injuries, these numbers are realistic.

Geez that seems light for years 1-3..only 5.5 per year?
If you assume 1 WAR to be worth around 8 million dollars...and he only produces 24 WAR over the value of the contract..then the contract is a dud...192 million is what it would be worth.

Geez that seems light for years 1-3..only 5.5 per year?
If you assume 1 WAR to be worth around 8 million dollars...and he only produces 24 WAR over the value of the contract..then the contract is a dud...192 million is what it would be worth.
I am just being conservative. I hope for much more. The $8 million/WAR philosophy is flawed anyway. Of course fans will evaluate the deal based on post season success rather than regular season WAR.

Last edited:
I am just being conservative. I hope for much more. The $8 million/WAR philosophy is flawed anyway. Of course fans will evaluate the deal based on post season success rather than regular season WAR.

well, each WAR doesn't hold the same value. wins that get you from 90-97 are worth alot more than those that take you from 80-87

Not a Yanks fan either. But this is about winning World Series. With this signing, the Yanks are MUCH more likely to do so. They finally have a true stud, and not at best a nominal ace, to throw out there when the prize is on the line.

Crazy contract and probably a bit excessive but you see them all the time trying to win early and deal with the end of the contract later. Also a shame to see didi go, always a fan.

I feel bad for Dodgers missing out on this. Yanks should trade Stanton to them so they get someone to pay for a long time too.
How about Jacoby Ellsbury?

It's Tyler Wade's World and we're all just living in it.
the extra roster spot has got to go a position player, personal catchers will be more of an option now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom