2020 Yankees Season... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Season...

just saw her microphone and pictures at the hall this week.

"PIONEERING VOICE

Hers was the first voice ever heard on WFAN. She is the first woman to serve as a full-time, season-long color commentator for a major-league baseball team. In 2009, Waldman became the first woman to call a World Series game on the radio. Her microphone is enshrined in Cooperstown, and a generation of Yankees fans is growing up with her voice — heard alongside John Sterling since 2005 — on WFAN. For many, Waldman is the matriarch of Yankees baseball.

But still, even now, at 72 years old, “I’m tolerated,” she said, “not accepted.”

Also Cooperstown Brewery has a limited edition The Captain beer for sale right now for those interested.

1596237079815.png

Is there any ETA on Chapman? With Kahnle likely done we need another major arm in the pen.

Is there any ETA on Chapman? With Kahnle likely done we need another major arm in the pen.

Just cleared to resume team activities.

Maybe a week, give or take.

Or maybe we can play a bunch of 7 inning DH's.

Yup you knew that was coming, tough tough break. Good pitcher and a big depth hit. I believe Kahnle is in his walk year to.

2021: Arbitration Eligible
2022: Free Agent

I gotta say, that...was...unexpected.

She never struck me as someone with a singing voice.
her day job was on Broadway.

its an odd mix for sure.

i cant remember the details, but i think the story goes she asked for a meeting with George Steinbrenner, who knew her from Broadway, she asked for a job, he said no...she fought for it...and he gave her one.

then she just kept moving up the Yankee ranks.

her day job was on Broadway.

its an odd mix for sure.

i cant remember the details, but i think the story goes she asked for a meeting with George Steinbrenner, who knew her from Broadway, she asked for a job, he said no...she fought for it...and he gave her one.

then she just kept moving up the Yankee ranks.

Had no idea. I knew that the one critical columnist (crazy hair, name escapes me) always called her Georgie's girl.

Had no idea. I knew that the one critical columnist (crazy hair, name escapes me) always called her Georgie's girl.
Mushnick?

Nope, but googling him brought the name up in related searches. Bob Raissman. Who is now thankfully bald.
Ha! the News guy.

i know what you mean!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom