2020 Yankees Season... | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Yankees Season...

I want 23-year-old Johnny Bench. Cashman needs to make it happen. He's on notice.
I’m not saying Cashman should be fired if he can’t make it happen. But, someone in his office should be let go to send a message.

I’m not saying Cashman should be fired if he can’t make it happen. But, someone in his office should be let go to send a message.

My Grand Idea for future Yankee lineups

1. DJ 2B
2. Judge RF
3. JT C
4. Stanton LF
5. Voit 1b
6. Sanchez DH
7. Gio 3B
8. Gleyber SS
9. Frazier CF

Get rid of Hicks. We upgrade offensively and defensively at Catcher. We lose some defense in LF and CF.

1. DJ 2B
2. Judge RF
3. JT C
4. Stanton LF
5. Voit 1b
6. Sanchez DH
7. Gio 3B
8. Gleyber SS
9. Frazier CF

Get rid of Hicks. We upgrade offensively and defensively at Catcher. We lose some defense in LF and CF.
Put their projected salaries next to their names.

1. DJ 2B
2. Judge RF
3. JT C
4. Stanton LF
5. Voit 1b
6. Sanchez DH
7. Gio 3B
8. Gleyber SS
9. Frazier CF

You really think you'll get 162 games in LF out of a gamer like Stanton?

1. DJ 2B
2. Judge RF
3. JT C
4. Stanton LF
5. Voit 1b
6. Sanchez DH
7. Gio 3B
8. Gleyber SS
9. Frazier CF

7, 8, and 9 are all better than 3.

1. DJ 2B
2. Judge RF
3. JT C
4. Stanton LF
5. Voit 1b
6. Sanchez DH
7. Gio 3B
8. Gleyber SS
9. Frazier CF

Even in this year with Frazier playing improved defense, he still rates as a below-average corner outfielder. You want to move him to CF?

Last edited:
2. Rays (L) 31-18

4. Twins (W) 31-20
5. Yankees (W) 28-21
6. Astros (L) 24-25

7. Blue Jays (L) 26-22
8. Indians (L) 26-23

Even in this year with Frazier playing improved defense, he still rates as a below-average corner outfielder. You want to move him to CF?
Agree with Donnie here

I think if you're getting a new catcher, that is in the context of ditching Sanchez.

Hicks is a decent defensive CF. He is early into a long contract, and isn't going anywhere. His average sucks, but he gets on base. He's just in the wrong spot in the order

That moves Stanton to DH. I don't want give up on Andujar either after that great rookie year. He can be DH when Stanton inevitably gets hurt, or can fill in at 3B if something happens to Gio

The real lucky/awesome part is how good the IF panned out. If someone told me a year ago that Greg Bird would be a bust, Didi would be gone, and Andujar would be hurt, I would think we would be in real trouble. Instead Gleybar is on the verge of greatness, DJ is an All star, and Gio/Luke were straight up steals. Does anyone miss Chasen Shreve?

Also if going through this exercise, have to be realistic about contracts. Sanchez can be moved since he isn't locked into anything. Stanton/Hicks would require eating the vast majority, so need to make the best of it.

Everyone is too soft these days. George would have had a clubhouse attendant thrown into an active volcano.

after George ripped said clubhouse attendant's heart out

1600383019960.png

LUUUUUUUUKE

Back to Back to Back (and Belly to Belly to Belly)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom