2021-22 All-ACC Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 All-ACC Team

I think Jesse would have got some more votes on most improved if he had stayed healthy.
Agreed but he performed as many centers in the league do with the pick and roll, blocks etc and it’s so long since we had an actual center that performed like one it was magical to us.

Awesome job Buddy!
Big thumbs down to Clifton Park and Goosemutt in this thread
No. I love Buddy as much as anyone else and wish him future success in his pro career but I am just surprised that so many voters acknowledged his success for 1st team. Like I said, I thought maybe 2nd team. Generally Cuse guys haven't been treated with the respect they deserve in post-season awards, so congrats to Buddy and thank you voters.

No. I love Buddy as much as anyone else and wish him future success in his pro career but I am just surprised that so many voters acknowledged his success for 1st team. Like I said, I thought maybe 2nd team. Generally Cuse guys haven't been treated with the respect they deserve in post-season awards, so congrats to Buddy and thank you voters.
HATER!!!!!

Buddy is only the second SU player ever to lead their conference in scoring (DNic in 2007 was the other).

Interesting...

I had a look here for the Big East and they are showing a few more for cuse:

...looks like past conference scoring leaders fro Cuse also include:

Player Pts Year Team
Hakim Warrick 726 2004-05 Syracuse
Preston Shumpert 744 2001-02 Syracuse
Sherman Douglas 693 1988-89 Syracuse

But they show no one for 2007-2008, so maybe the total was below the top 50 all time points tally? (interestingly, # 50 is Stephen Thompson 683 1988-89 Syracuse)

Surprised Moten is nowhere on that list and that Troy Bell beat Carmelo by 3 pts...

Last edited:
Congrats Buddy! He worked for and deserves all the accolades he is getting. He went from a "borderline recruit", "maybe a role player someday" to first team All ACC! I'll take him as my shooting guard anytime, any year.

I was a bit surprised about First Team as well but I think winning the scoring title this weekend kinda sealed it for him.
I mean, on the right team Buddy would’ve been a legit superstar. And even if we kept a certain PG on this year’s team, he could’ve really showed out. It’s a shame he was misused in such an awful role this year. JMHO

I like Buddy. He’s a good player. Nothing but respect. But the minutes and green light was a provided opportunity. It is what it is.
A lot of guys got a green light but don’t take advantage.Wonder your reaction had it been your son?

A lot of guys got a green light but don’t take advantage.Wonder your reaction had it been your son?
I just didn’t like the minutes/when he was too exhausted to play defense. I total understand Coach’s desire My son would be at Duke

not even 1 vote for the HOFer ? what's that say ?

(edit: mark williams 3rd team is surprising. let's see what the NBA GM's think)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom