2021-22 SyracuseFan Yahoo Fantasy Basketball | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 SyracuseFan Yahoo Fantasy Basketball

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Hi All.

I have set up the league for this year. A few changes to note:
- Roster changes are now set up as "Daily- Today". So that should correct the one item that a number of people wanted change last year.
- Everything else is largely the Yahoo Standard -- settings carried forward.
- Currently 4 transactions per week are allowed. Given that some people are less active should we reduce that 2 or 3?

To join please follow the link below. Last year there was 10 teams -- have allowed for up to 16 this year.

Question - The league overview screen that I see as commissioner claims that all 10 people from last year have renewed their membership in the league on September 28. Seems skeptical to me. Can anybody reading this, confirm that they did indeed already join the league for this year?

Draft is currently set for Monday October 18th at 8:30,

Does anybody else have preferences. I was also thinking doing it during the Opening Night game.

Bump for any people that may still be interested.

Reminder that the draft is tomorrow night at 8:30.

If anybody was in the league last year, but will not be so this year, let me know so I can delete you.

Thanks.

I am also ready to go. Looking forward to it!

Unfortunately only 6 teams made it I think. Highlighted names -- if you are reading this a team was selected for you so you can still play and your teams are probably still fairly strong. If you are not in the league by week 2, I will "control" the weekly rosters -- no transactions but I will select the "Start Active" rosters for your team each week.

I have taken over the "Manager-less team" in the same manner..

Since there are currently only 6 active teams, should we consider changing the playoff format to 4 teams only. What is your thought?

1634606014453.png

If somebody is interested in managing a team let me know, and I can transfer the rights to it.

I was there as soup bags!

Yep, you are good and thanks.
Only the highlighted names I think were missing.

I know that El Duderino and Guy Fawkes expressed interest a few weeks back, so hopefully one of them can pick up their team.

I’m Buddy B’s! I had another draft at the same time somehow so I couldn’t make it. I’m still in

Also noted GuyFawkes has made a trade so he is getting involved as well.

So at the end of the day we have at least 8 active teams which is good.

With the other teams we have a few choices:
1) If anybody has interest in managing a second team in the league I can transfer a team to you. The rules for these teams would be simple
a) you can't make trades between your teams.
b) you can't drop a player and immediately pick them up on the other team.
c) You can't intentionally "tank" when one of your team faces the other. (Gentleman's Rule)

If anybody is interested let me know.

How do I get in on these crazy one sided trades? Collins and Brogdon (two top 50 guys) for Bridges and filler?

Damn.

For the sake of being purely open as to what I am doing with the "Manager Less" Team as you may have seen they have done some moves.

At least once a week, I use the "Start Active Players" function with the team.
Also the last few weeks I noted they had injuries, so I placed players on the injured list and claimed the available players that were "% most rostered" per Yahoo... no judgment was used, just sorted most rostered and added players.

When the injured players get healthy, I will drop the least rostered players.

For the sake of being purely open as to what I am doing with the "Manager Less" Team as you may have seen they have done some moves.

At least once a week, I use the "Start Active Players" function with the team.
Also the last few weeks I noted they had injuries, so I placed players on the injured list and claimed the available players that were "% most rostered" per Yahoo... no judgment was used, just sorted most rostered and added players.

When the injured players get healthy, I will drop the least rostered players.
This process introduces the oft-debated "wins above replacement manager" metric to our league.

I like it.

I haven't been following my matchups that closely on the final day this year, but I am doing so today.
On the surface I look in pretty good shape to win at least 4 categories and possibly 5.

1637529709811.png

But here is the problem:

With Batum a last minute out and Jokic a likely out tonight here is the matchup for me right now as I try to hold these leads.

Me - Bey, Hartenstein,
Soup - Curry, Wiggins, Barnes, Gordon, Fournier, Hardaway

I had to pick up Bey just now to try to help hold that Points+Rebounds Lead. And I may have to use my 4th of 4 moves later today, but assessing as the pickings are slim.

This could be one of those days that a 5-4 lead turns into an 8-1 loss.

Hi all,

Unfortunately I am having problems accessing Yahoo Fantasy. I deleted my cookies the other day. When I try to log in, I put in my e-mail, they ask me to prove I am not a robot, and then it kicks me out.

So I guess I am a robot.
Not sure if/when I will get back in the league.

Hi all,

Unfortunately I am having problems accessing Yahoo Fantasy. I deleted my cookies the other day. When I try to log in, I put in my e-mail, they ask me to prove I am not a robot, and then it kicks me out.

So I guess I am a robot.
Not sure if/when I will get back in the league.
You're kicking butt this week.

You're kicking butt this week.

Fixed. I'm back in.

I beat the "Manager Less Team" which I run as described above. They had at 8 injured / out players earlier this week and still have 7 out. There wasn't much I could do other than moving a few down to the IL.

Current standings.

- As a reminder we only have 4 weeks of regular season play left, and only 3 weekly matchups left after this week. The next two weeks around the ASG are wrapped into one matchup,

- The playoff format is as follows
a) #1 and #2 seeded teams get byes
b) #3-#6 seeded teams play in opening round

- Guy Fawkes is in control of the league with a commanding lead and will certainly get one of the two byes

- JN is in good position to hold on to that #2 spot with a 5 game lead against Soup Bags. That being said my next 2 matchups are against Guy Fawkes + HakAttack so Soup could certainly make up some ground and make the last week interesting. That being said my choice to stash Ben Simmons on the injured list all year will seemingly pay

- Marek and HakAttack seemed to be locked into the #3-#6 seed games where anything can happen come playoff time.

- The Manager Less Team (which all I do is ask Yahoo to "Start Active Players" each week as discussed in a few posts above) is hanging around in that #7 spot and threatening Otto's Army for the #6 spot. The Manager Less Team also has 2 easier matchups, which then lead into a potential Final Week Showdown against Otto's Army for the final playoff spot.

1644776622896.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom