2021-22 SyracuseFan Yahoo Fantasy Basketball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021-22 SyracuseFan Yahoo Fantasy Basketball

Current standings.

- As a reminder we only have 4 weeks of regular season play left, and only 3 weekly matchups left after this week. The next two weeks around the ASG are wrapped into one matchup,

- The playoff format is as follows
a) #1 and #2 seeded teams get byes
b) #3-#6 seeded teams play in opening round

- Guy Fawkes is in control of the league with a commanding lead and will certainly get one of the two byes

- JN is in good position to hold on to that #2 spot with a 5 game lead against Soup Bags. That being said my next 2 matchups are against Guy Fawkes + HakAttack so Soup could certainly make up some ground and make the last week interesting. That being said my choice to stash Ben Simmons on the injured list all year will seemingly pay

- Marek and HakAttack seemed to be locked into the #3-#6 seed games where anything can happen come playoff time.

- The Manager Less Team (which all I do is ask Yahoo to "Start Active Players" each week as discussed in a few posts above) is hanging around in that #7 spot and threatening Otto's Army for the #6 spot. The Manager Less Team also has 2 easier matchups, which then lead into a potential Final Week Showdown against Otto's Army for the final playoff spot.

View attachment 213995
The trade deadline absolutely wrecked me this week.

As we had into the final week of the regular season, a big head to head matchup between #6 and #7 for the final playoff spot. "Otto's Army" vs "Manager Less Team". Whomever wins the match will get the final spot. I continue to manage the manager less team the same way as per above, choosing starting active players and adjusting for injuries but nothing else.

The two first round byes have been clinched.
3/4th could go either way
Hak has an easy match this week so he is locked into 5th.

Congreats to Guy Fawkes Everyday for the convincing regular season title.

1646672562931.png

As we had into the final week of the regular season, a big head to head matchup between #6 and #7 for the final playoff spot. "Otto's Army" vs "Manager Less Team". Whomever wins the match will get the final spot. I continue to manage the manager less team the same way as per above, choosing starting active players and adjusting for injuries but nothing else.

The two first round byes have been clinched.
3/4th could go either way
Hak has an easy match this week so he is locked into 5th.

Congreats to Guy Fawkes Everyday for the convincing regular season title.

View attachment 215271
Wild that I didn't have a single tie.

Crazy battle for the last playoff spot.
Currently the match is a tie, and 5 categories could go either way.

1647056785538.png

Friday games have ended.
Still tied 4-4.
7 of 9 categories very close.
This one is going to go down to the final day.

1647067774034.png

This final matchup is staying so close right now.
2 categories tied, 5 categories that are still toss ups.

That being said its a numbers game today - 6 going for the manager less team vs 10 for Otto's Army. That should give Otto the big advantage in all the counting categories and should lead him to a victory. It might actually come out as 7-2 in the end.

I could have loaded up the manager less team with additions that were playing today, but in order to be fair to Otto I did not change the way I managed the team all year.

1647195718862.png

First Week of the Playoffs
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

Both matches are still totally up for grabs as several categories can switch in both matchup as highlighted.

Last games start at 8:30 tonight, and I will have an update then

1647807327240.png

1647807396209.png

Update with the final games of the week now at halftime

Marek's Smokes is still playing - Maxey, Thomposon, Jaylen Brown, Monte Morris still playing
Hak Attack is still playing - Poole, Trent, Murray, (he has 3 guys with 5 minutes left as wel)

So its pretty even in terms of who they have left.

The score is 6-3 HAK, but there are 4 categories that are open of which HAK leads 3. If two of this switch Marek will win. The FT% category is essentially a tie.

1647826881545.png

Soup Bags is up 6-2. That being said he leads 3 categories that are so close, and one category is tied,

Unfortunately for Army the numbers game is against him. It could still happen but he will need Niang to play huge and Scottie Barnes to do nothing.

Still Playing for Soup - Wiggins, Barnes, Gordon
Still Paying for Otto - Niang, Robert Williams

1647826988718.png

If I have to lose, Hak's a good one to lose to I guess.

I tried a Hail Mary picking up Huerter today and he went 0/5. Thanks, bro.

Smokes now up 5-4, but so many categories still close.
This could come down to the final minute of the last game tonight.

1647828158079.png

Down to the final 2 minutes -- one field goal miss or FT miss could make the difference.

1647830599738.png

Marek had the lead with 8 seconds to go in the final game.
Scottie Barnes goes to the line - Raptors up 2.
He misses both Free Throws. Marek (Otto in Grotto) loses the FT battle .763 to .762
At least the Raptors still won.

Congratulations Hak.

1647831783912.png

Marek had the lead with 8 seconds to go in the final game.
Scottie Barnes goes to the line - Raptors up 2.
He misses both Free Throws. Marek (Otto in Grotto) loses the FT battle .763 to .762
At least the Raptors still won.

Congratulations Hak.

View attachment 215824
Wait... I don't have Scottie Barnes.

Wait... I don't have Scottie Barnes.

Oops Scottie Barnes was in the other matchup.

I watched with anger as he missed his last 2FT's with 8 seconds, and associated that with the late turn in your matchup.

But in retrospect, looking at the screenshots it looks like you stayed at .762, and Hak had somebody hit some free throws late to go up from .759 to .763.

Did not notice that the other game actually ended up tied!
Since Soup Bags had the better regular season he gets the tie-breaker and advances to the next round to face GuyFawkes

One more 3 by Otto's Army would have changed the result.
1647839349640.png

If I remember correctly I think I may have got lucky with injuries in last year's playoffs. So can't complain much when it is happening to me this year. Its the luck of the draw. But right now my team is getting destroyed.

At the end of last week I had the following on the IL.
- Ben Simmons (Strategic hoping he would come back but he never did)
- Norm Powell
- Anfernee Simons
- Bojan Bogdanovic

So I put Norm Powell on waivers and dropped Ben Simmons today to put Kyle Kuzma on the DL.

This week beyond those 4 guys, I have had 2 new guys go on the injured list and 3 guys "out" with injuries.
-
De'aaron Fox
- Kyle Kuzma
- SGA
- Wendell Carter
- Josh Hart

So that is 9 of my players on my roster last week being injured or out.

I was ahead of Soup Bags heading into today but he has 10 guys going against 5 today.

The Final 2 games of the week are now starting and the 2 matches are very competitive
1648423999990.png

I have
1/2 game left for Torrey Craig, Rui Huchimura, Tobias Harris
3/4 game left for Jonas Valancuinas

Soup Bags has
Full Game - Lamelo Ball, Rudy Gobert, Miles Bridges
1/2 game left - Andrew Wiggins

What does the matchup come down to: JN needs to steal a category. The ones that seems quite possible is Turnovers as Soups has more playing time left. The FT% category is still a possibility with Rudy Gobert.

That being said is a 22 rebound lead enough with Gobert around?
Or even the 16 assist lead with Ball going for Charlotte?

Match #2 - Unlucky for these two as they would win against either me or Soupbags. This match could go either way. Like last week it could come down to FT% as that category is so close.

I can see 4 categories that could change. That being said I think FT% is the key. I don't think Guy can win this without holding that category.

1648424444265.png

The Final 2 games of the week are now starting and the 2 matches are very competitive
View attachment 215977
I have
1/2 game left for Torrey Craig, Rui Huchimura, Tobias Harris
3/4 game left for Jonas Valancuinas

Soup Bags has
Full Game - Lamelo Ball, Rudy Gobert, Miles Bridges
1/2 game left - Andrew Wiggins

What does the matchup come down to: JN needs to steal a category. The ones that seems quite possible is Turnovers as Soups has more playing time left. The FT% category is still a possibility with Rudy Gobert.

That being said is a 22 rebound lead enough with Gobert around?
Or even the 16 assist lead with Ball going for Charlotte?

Match #2 - Unlucky for these two as they would win against either me or Soupbags. This match could go either way. Like last week it could come down to FT% as that category is so close.

I can see 4 categories that could change. That being said I think FT% is the key. I don't think Guy can win this without holding that category.

View attachment 215978

So looks like Rudy Gobert is not playing tonight for Soup Bags. And it actually helps Soupbags as he likely could not catch me in any of the 4 categories I lead.
I need to catch him in one of Turnovers or FT%, and having Gobert play would have helped... even for one turnover and certainly for his potential FT misses.

The final will be me vs the regular season champion GuyFawkes.
Both of us won close 5-4 games in the Semi-Finals

Good luck Guy and good game semi-finalists.

GuyFawkes would have been the favourite next week even if my team was healthy. But right now my team is in shambles. Trying to piece something together tomorrow to make it competitive.

A few weeks back I had the following on my injured list:
- Norm Powell
- Ben Simmons
- Anfernee Simons

All of those players were released to add 3 new players to the injured list
- De'Aaron Fox
- Kyle Kuzma
- Josh Hart

And on my current roster I have the following injured players - I could not replace them this week because I had to use my roster additions to replace the other injuries
- Bojan Bogdanovic
- SGA
- Trendon Watford

Wendell Carter also missed the last 2 games, but looks like he will come back.

That being said at least the 3 injured players on my current roster can now be replaced.

Down to the final day, and I am up 6-3. That being said there are a few categories that could turn and flip the match, so it will likely come down to the last game at 9:30 tonight.

My strategy for the week given my injuries, was to go with Bigs, and put myself in really good shape to win the 4 big friendly categories - FG%, REB, BLK, Turnovers. I was then hoping I can somehow find a way to steal either the FT% or steal category. Was not expecting the AST category, but Jokic is a monster for me.

1649017315143.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom