2021 Australian Open Thread | Syracusefan.com

2021 Australian Open Thread

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
Kyrgios is putting on a ridiculous show right now ... both good and bad .. vs Humbert of France .. into the 5th... and it’s actually really loud in the stands

We've been watching every night, but I headed to bed at the start of the 2nd set lol.
Pulling hard for Serena tonight!

maybe if i lived in Vegas I would be watching those 3am matches.

Kyrgios is putting on a ridiculous show right now ... both good and bad .. vs Humbert of France .. into the 5th... and it’s actually really loud in the stands

Too bad he didn’t make it to the semis. Looking forward to his next match with Djokovic. I see many smashed racquets in that one.

USTA messed up with Brady. She should have been designated a star in the making a while ago. I remember watching her at college ITAs while she was at UCLA. She’s going to be really good. Thankfully one of my players got matched up against her teammate, and actually won, so I was glad to avoid Brady.

Tennis fans, IMO, are really fortunate to have been around to watch Serena’s dominance and GOAT performances, to have Osaka follow right behind her. Put it in the hot take thread, but Osaka could beat Serena’s grand slam title. She’s that freaking good.

it’s been a good tournament so far. Excited for the men’s final. Would lovvvvvvvvve to see Medvedev victorious over Novak. He’s got to stay aggressive and really force Novak wide on the AD court side. Medvedev has the power and ability to take balls on the rise and really dictate play if he can do that. I actually think Medvedev may be a better returner than Novak as well, so it will be interesting to see serve stats.

Brady just too many unforced errors. cant serve 50% and win against someone that good.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

Pam Shriver put in a subtle jab on Twitter basically saying until she wins a non-hard court tournament, Osaka can’t be considered great. Why can’t people appreciate what’s in front of them without having to insult someone? Osaka is leaps and bounds the best player in the world right now.

she does only have 7 titles overall in 5-6 yrs of play. She wins 60% of her matches.. someone like joker has won 85%

she clearly does well in the hard court stuff though.

His ability to float the stretching shots back to hold his Opp at the baseline is just so good to watch.. Not a ton of winners as much as just classic tennis today. but his one server and volley winner late in the match was pretty sweet.

I’m pulling for Serena to win her 24th major & will be rooting for her the next time she plays Osaka, but, man, I like this woman a lot.

I’m pulling for Serena to win her 24th major & will be rooting for her the next time she plays Osaka, but, man, I like this woman a lot.
I think she is an on court cold stone killer. To take that Serena BS meltdown at the US Open, then treat her so well publicly, and beat her again takes a high level of stones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom