2021 Fall Ball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Ball

Niiice good to see a new big10 team enter the mix even if it is just a scrimmage. They should not be much of a challenge, but then again they are probably thinking that about us.

Didn’t Hop play OSU every year in the Fall? Maybe something Petro has set up!

Nice. OSU should be a good team to scrimmage against, they have some good players returning and some intriguing transfers. Can't remember Syracuse ever playing against the Buckeyes to be honest. Kind of surprising.

I wonder if they will have more fall scrimmages, and if they'll bring back the Alumni Game (which morphed into an intra-squad scrimmage).

We did scrimmage against Ohio St in 2013

Didn’t Hop play OSU every year in the Fall? Maybe something Petro has set up!
You may be thinking of OSUs scrimmages against UNC. Not sure if they did something with Hop as well. Both light blue jersey schools

You may be thinking of OSUs scrimmages against UNC. Not sure if they did something with Hop as well. Both light blue jersey schools
It would a little odd for Hopkins to scrimmage OSU. They are both in the Big 10 and play each other every spring. OSU does scrimmage UNC every fall at Calvert Hall in MD

Petro and Nick Myers are friends (as are Petro and Tambroni). Hopkins used to play Ohio State as an out of conference game when OSU was still in the ECAC. Petro very likely had a hand in setting this up. Should be a good test for the Orange.

Nice. OSU should be a good team to scrimmage against, they have some good players returning and some intriguing transfers. Can't remember Syracuse ever playing against the Buckeyes to be honest. Kind of surprising.

I wonder if they will have more fall scrimmages, and if they'll bring back the Alumni Game (which morphed into an intra-squad scrimmage).
cuse went without fall scrimmages vs nc$$ opponents for a time i think?
the rules changed on how they accounted for redshirt possibilities in summer 18 or 19 for fall scrimmages/spring sports. so a player could play in those and still non-medical redshirt (i.e. freshmen or academically ineligible).

so the cortland - denver scrimmage was on. gait had more dates to play with and routinely had the girls doing fall. i suspect he'll lean to 2 scrimmages in the fall now or eventually.

It would a little odd for Hopkins to scrimmage OSU. They are both in the Big 10 and play each other every spring. OSU does scrimmage UNC every fall at Calvert Hall in MD
Yes you’re correct it was UNC. It was for a charity of some sort.

what was this?

A brooch, or a hat, or a pterodactyl...

Something Petro tweeted about guests at today's practice.

Huge thanks to Mark Herzlich, former All American and Super Bowl champ with the NYG and Chris Cotter, one of the best in the business (Espn and ACCN broadcaster) for stopping by practice today. Mark’s message of appreciating every day and seizing the opportunity was spot on. Thx!

Last edited:
This year's teams will be 'Team Z' in honor of John Zulberti, and "Team 15 for Life" in honor of Rob Kavovit. 15 for Life is the name of the foundation which the Kavovit family started after his passing: 15 For Life Foundation.

Team 15 for Life will be coached by Tom Hardy '02. The roster will feature: Stephen Rehfuss '21, Mike Leveille '08, Nick Piroli '16, JT Forkin '18, Ric Beardsley '95, Asher Flaum '01, Chris Stringer '69, Danny Varello '21, Mike Hartnett '73, Jason Gebhardt '97, Drake Porter '21, Matt Alexander '99, Brett Walther '03, Chris Baduini '87, Jamie Trimboli '21, Jody Ferguson '98, Tom Grimm '16, Spencer Small '21 and Jonathan Partamian '21.

Team Z will be coached by Phil Schluter '85. The roster will be: Liam Banks '03, Jamie LeMessurieur '96, Phil DiMartino '69, Ben Kaminow '87, Bradley Voigt '19, Mike Nockunas '02, Karl DeSalvia '83, Fred Cambria '85, Sam Schluter '21, Chris Bickel '03, Chuck Marti '50, Nat McPeak '21. Garth Hoffman '81, Brad McKinney '19, Dave Puccia '03, Don McGann '73, Mark Winter '73, Peter Dearth '21 and Ryan Simmons '81.

This year's teams will be 'Team Z' in honor of John Zulberti, and "Team 15 for Life" in honor of Rob Kavovit. 15 for Life is the name of the foundation which the Kavovit family started after his passing: 15 For Life Foundation.

Team 15 for Life will be coached by Tom Hardy '02. The roster will feature: Stephen Rehfuss '21, Mike Leveille '08, Nick Piroli '16, JT Forkin '18, Ric Beardsley '95, Asher Flaum '01, Chris Stringer '69, Danny Varello '21, Mike Hartnett '73, Jason Gebhardt '97, Drake Porter '21, Matt Alexander '99, Brett Walther '03, Chris Baduini '87, Jamie Trimboli '21, Jody Ferguson '98, Tom Grimm '16, Spencer Small '21 and Jonathan Partamian '21.

Team Z will be coached by Phil Schluter '85. The roster will be: Liam Banks '03, Jamie LeMessurieur '96, Phil DiMartino '69, Ben Kaminow '87, Bradley Voigt '19, Mike Nockunas '02, Karl DeSalvia '83, Fred Cambria '85, Sam Schluter '21, Chris Bickel '03, Chuck Marti '50, Nat McPeak '21. Garth Hoffman '81, Brad McKinney '19, Dave Puccia '03, Don McGann '73, Mark Winter '73, Peter Dearth '21 and Ryan Simmons '81.

Forkin as an alum is a bit of a stretch

He was here 2014-17. He might play more on Saturday than he played in 4 years.

I think this is the second time he’s played in this game.

Looks like they are mixing all the alums together so we have some fresh meat (class of ‘21) vs some of the older vets (class of ‘50!!!). Too bad Petro and Gait aren’t playing.

I guess we can scratch Sam Schluter & Jonathan Partamian off of the ‘22 roster.

I think this is the second time he’s played in this game.

Looks like they are mixing all the alums together so we have some fresh meat (class of ‘21) vs some of the older vets (class of ‘50!!!). Too bad Petro and Gait aren’t playing.
One more time in case people missed that. There is a guy from the class of 1950 playing in this game. Chuck Marti, at 92 years young, will man the goal in the dome once again. I think Roy Simmons Jr was the ball boy when he played. I’m not sure if he will be in faegans until midnight like he was on his first trip but we shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom