2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Fall Camp Starts Friday August 6th

Dozens of alumni, including wide receivers Kirby Dar Dar and Rob Carpenter — who wrote on Twitter it was his first trip back to campus in more than 20 years — traveled to campus to dap up players who wear their old number and show support as they begin a new season.

The alumni briefly met with the team before it took the field. New director of high school relations Deon Maddox was the liaison to help make it happen. The hope is it morphs into an annual tradition that keeps alumni tethered to the program.

Really like this new initiative.

Hopefully it starts getting us some legacy recruits!

The direction of this team this off-season/pre season seems exponentially different than it has the last 2-3 years.

digging it for sure

That’s Ellis, 6’6” 365 freshmen!
1628278528406.gif

Love his attitude and just nice to hear all positives out of the players. I know they aren’t going to come out and say the team is bad. Just thinking back to last year all the tidbits were about how young the team was and they were happy with the progress of the young guys. Nice to hear the words “we are way ahead of where we were last year”

Dozens of alumni, including wide receivers Kirby Dar Dar and Rob Carpenter — who wrote on Twitter it was his first trip back to campus in more than 20 years — traveled to campus to dap up players who wear their old number and show support as they begin a new season.

The alumni briefly met with the team before it took the field. New director of high school relations Deon Maddox was the liaison to help make it happen. The hope is it morphs into an annual tradition that keeps alumni tethered to the program.

Wide receiver Kirby Dar Dar? Has he re-branded?

Coming up on the 30th anniversary of his reverse kickoff heard around the world.

Great to get the alums back. The more the merrier.

Coming up on the 30th anniversary of his reverse kickoff heard around the world.

Years ago, I played in a Captain and Crew tournament at Rogues Roost. Dar Dar was playing in another foursome. We chatted a little bit before tee-off, and I told him that I send Mitch Berger from Colorado a Christmas card every year. He almost spit out his drink he was laughing so hard.

it’s needed. Speaking to two former players who played in the NFL and currently live in CNY, former players feel very unwelcome. This is a great first step.

Practicing in the white helmets. Maybe that means they’ve been retired.

It was easier when the offense wore green (go) and the defense wore red (stop).
Yes it was. That was a MacPherson and Marrone thing. I liked that. Don’t believe Ive seen any other team do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom