2021 Masters Pick | Syracusefan.com

2021 Masters Pick

OburgOrange

Living Legend
Spieth is peaking at the right time. I am patiently waiting for Ricky to win a major. And Charley Hoffman is playing well. I always liked the Hoff. Think he’s ready to break out this week

Spieth is peaking at the right time. I am patiently waiting for Ricky to win a major. And Charley Hoffman is playing well. I always liked the Hoff. Think he’s ready to break out this week

Fowler and Hoffman aren’t in the field

Phil.

yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Did not know that. They didn’t qualify?

The main qualification criteria for professionals are one of the folllowing — this off top of my head, so I can be missing a few more obscure ones;
Past winner
Top 50 in world ranking
Qualified for 2020 fedex cup final 30.
Winner of any tour event last year
Top 16 (or 12?) in 2020 masters
Top 5 in any 2020 major (might be wrong on this one).

but basically Fowler made it every year because he has always been top 50 in the world. He really struggled the past 15 months like Speith and is no longer in those. Except Spieth turned it around for the past 3 months with numerous stronger finishes — he was getting in good from before his ultimate win. But Speith slump was so bad that he almost fell out of the world top 100.

The main qualification criteria for professionals are one of the folllowing — this off top of my head, so I can be missing a few more obscure ones;
Past winner
Top 50 in world ranking
Qualified for 2020 fedex cup final 30.
Winner of any tour event last year
Top 16 (or 12?) in 2020 masters
Top 5 in any 2020 major (might be wrong on this one).

but basically Fowler made it every year because he has always been top 50 in the world. He really struggled the past 15 months like Speith and is no longer in those. Except Spieth turned it around for the past 3 months with numerous stronger finishes — he was getting in good from before his ultimate win. But Speith slump was so bad that he almost fell out of the world top 100.
Plus Speith won the Masters in 2015 so he automatically qualified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom