2021 NFL Thread | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

2021 NFL Thread

OK, everybody knock it off.

You all KNOW name-calling isn't allowed.

You want to do that? Take it to Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere else. Not here.

Back to NFL talk. Thanks.

Jon Gruden was pushed out as Raiders coach because of homophobic and misogynistic remarks in his emails. Fair enough.

Yet the NFL has hired Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem for Super Bowl LVI who all have well documented histories of using lyrics that - you guessed it - are homophobic and misogynistic. Go figure.

I see your point, but those guys are entertainers where Gruden is a leader of people. He’s basically a Chief Operations Officer. Big difference in my opinion and I don’t value anything the first two have to offer. From a purely competitive standpoint the Raiders had to dump him.

I try not to post too much Pittsburgh Steelers stuff on this board, but I have to share this. Love this guy!

Nice job by that ref protecting Brady after the pick.. I’ve seen worse blocking by several offensive lines this year

I see your point, but those guys are entertainers where Gruden is a leader of people. He’s basically a Chief Operations Officer. Big difference in my opinion and I don’t value anything the first two have to offer. From a purely competitive standpoint the Raiders had to dump him.
Fully understand why Gruden was pushed out and you should note that I never said otherwise. One key difference is that Gruden displayed his views in a private email while those performers are right out front with their take and have far greater influence than Jon Gruden. The NFL shouldn't be appalled by Gruden and just fine with the entertainment they hired for this SB.

Fully understand why Gruden was pushed out and you should note that I never said otherwise. One key difference is that Gruden displayed his views in a private email while those performers are right out front with their take and have far greater influence than Jon Gruden. The NFL shouldn't be appalled by Gruden and just fine with the entertainment they hired for this SB.
I’ve got no problem with this take. Clearly both were business decisions that really only care about morality issues on the periphery

No sht. He’s the fall guy. The NFL always has one.

Just shut down NFL gambling if they're going to have this taunting rule in place. It's not a realistic parameter with all we know about their motives.
Uniform changes but referees assisting Brady never changes

Fans didn’t care when it was Brady.
Well it can be your team next.
Facts don’t matter Goodell can do whatever he wants.

Yeah. The deflate-gate was totally made up "science" to a preconceived outcome.

“Even when I’m wrong, I’m right!”

— Roger Goodell

Edit - Fans didn’t care when it was Brady because he gets every possible break from the stripes on the field. The Patsy’s film operations shenanigans also made it easier to justify the means.

Last edited:
“Even when I’m wrong, I’m right!”

— Roger Goodell

Edit - Fans didn’t care when it was Brady because he gets every possible break from the stripes on the field. The Patsy’s film operations shenanigans also made it easier to justify the means.
I mean everyone can hate the Patriots and Brady but Deflategate just showed facts didn’t matter.
People wanted blood and giving the Patriots punishment made everyone feel good.

It was a sham that Goodell got away with.
It also exposed so media is in the back for the league.
Judy Batista blatantly lied about facts in the case and she did it because the NFL told her too. Collins is getting railroaded.

Any player can get railroaded because of article 46 and yet the stupid NFLPa didn’t even get it out of the new CBa or really get anything.
Demaurice Smith is so bad at his job he has to be working for the shield and not the PA.

Why does the NFL send it's dregs to play in London? Last week ti was the Jets and the Falcons. This week it's the Dolphins and the Jaguars.

I though they were trying to grow the fan base there so they could have a franchise there. How about having a Super Bowl rematch there? or even a Super Bowl?

4th and 2 and Jags don't kick a fg to go up 7? AYFKM?

Why does the NFL send it's dregs to play in London? Last week ti was the Jets and the Falcons. This week it's the Dolphins and the Jaguars.

I though they were trying to grow the fan base there so they could have a franchise there. How about having a Super Bowl rematch there? or even a Super Bowl?
Jacksonville ironically has one of the largest fanbases there cause we play there every year really.

The Jags Kicker could probably have any woman in Jacksonville when he gets back for winning them this game lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom