2021 Tewaaraton Watch List | Syracusefan.com

2021 Tewaaraton Watch List

Highly professional list??

Teat, Handley and Goss all included - gee I thought Ivey not playing ;)

And where are Porter and Rehfuss? Mike Adler on Duke (even though we hate Duke ha ha)

Let's hope they get their act together for the next update.

Great to see Rehfuss added given season so far. Tremendous effort.
Glaring omissions would be ACC goalies??? No Porter or Adler - they were on the list last year.
Gee - must be because Porter and Adler have struggled this year :cool:

Oh and how about removing players that are not playing - DUH Jeff Teat, Phil Goss and my favorite
TEHOKA still on List!! Maybe put them as "honorable mentions" with asterisk but not in current list.

I will get off my soapbox now

8. Stephen Rehfuss, A, Sr., Syracuse (18G, 16A in 7 games)
Rehfuss is leading the Orange in scoring at a shade under five points per game, and he’s helped overcome some inconsistency or injury absences from the star-studded first midfield by papering over one of the issues that plagued him prior to this season — the ability to get taken out of a game (like a scoreless, two-shot, two-turnover performance last season vs. Army). His worst games so far this year are three-point outings vs. the Black Knights and Notre Dame, and he’s also emerged as a goal-scoring threat, from posting two goals in five games last year to 18 goals in seven games this year, shooting a whopping 51%. Also, as an assist maker, his 4-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio is far and away the best nationally among players with 16 or more assists; Chris Gray’s 3-to-1 is the next closest.

Men’s 2021 Tewaaraton Finalists:

Jared Bernhardt, Maryland — Sr., Attack
Jake Carraway, Georgetown — Grad. Student, Attack
Chris Gray, North Carolina — Sr., Attack
Pat Kavanagh, Notre Dame — Soph., Attack
Michael Sowers, Duke — Grad. Student, Attack

Men’s 2021 Tewaaraton Finalists:

Jared Bernhardt, Maryland — Sr., Attack
Jake Carraway, Georgetown — Grad. Student, Attack
Chris Gray, North Carolina — Sr., Attack
Pat Kavanagh, Notre Dame — Soph., Attack
Michael Sowers, Duke — Grad. Student, Attack
Hard to argue but kind of a shame to see the list be all attackmen.

Hard to argue but kind of a shame to see the list be all attackmen.
last 11 winners have all been attackmen. and never once an lsm, d man or goalie.

bernhardt should definitely take it this year, and of course there's a lot of deserving winners, but it's kinda dumb how this lines up every year.

last 11 winners have all been attackmen. and never once an lsm, d man or goalie.

bernhardt should definitely take it this year, and of course there's a lot of deserving winners, but it's kinda dumb how this lines up every year.

Yeah, I have to admit I don't know any goalie/defensemen/FOGOs I would add to the list, who would be more deserving than the guys listed. With the shot clock and stick technology being what it is, I imagine this trend will continue for the foreseeable future. I do wish there was a different set of statistics for us to evaluate defenders with - caused turnovers and groundballs don't tell the whole story, and when defensemen do get attention it's usually for contributing on the offensive end of the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom