2022/2023 Fantasy Basketball | Syracusefan.com

2022/2023 Fantasy Basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Setting up the 2022/2023 Fantasy Basketball League. All members in last years league should have been sent out renewal invites on September 27.
Same settings as last year
Live Draft on Sunday, October 16 - 8:30pm

There are still spots open for new members this year. If interested please follow the link below. Everybody is welcome.

The list below is last year's standings. All members on this list have got a renewal notice.

3 Highlighted Teams - Brian's Team, El Duderino, Team Buddy B's.
Your teams were auto renewed last year, but you were not active in the league. Unless I am notified by October 10th (via league board or on this thread), your team will be deleted. I do however hope you come back as you were all active in the 2020/2021 league.

All other members - if you do not plan to be part of the league this year, please let me know on this thread. Certainly some of us get busy or have other things on the go -- and that is fine -- would just like to know in advance so I can remove your team.

1664834287539.png

I think I'm in?

Did you get a renewal e-mail?
I just went to set up the league today, and saw that e-mail apparently went out on Sep 27th?

Did you get a renewal e-mail?
I just went to set up the league today, and saw that e-mail apparently went out on Sep 27th?
I didn't get a renewal email, but I think I'm registered.

I’m out. Without money I can’t stay involved. Good luck!

I’m out. Without money I can’t stay involved. Good luck!
What was your TeamName ... I get a few of them messed up between teamname and username here.
Thanks.

El duderino 917

Thanks. Fully understood how it takes some incentive for commitment for some.

We can't play for money in this league but we will have different stakes moving forward. Last place gets a finger cut off and the winner determines how.

Bumping.
Draft Sunday Night

Looking for players still or confirmations.

If you made a move last year your team is still signed up for the league.

Thanks to those who were at the draft tonight. I think there was 4.
I hope GuyFawkes can also join later -- he has done that before, and done very well.

Since we only have 8 teams, I changed the playoff settings to top 4 only.

I think I will be taking over UEO's team and doing a "replacement" level team like last year. I just auto dress the team each week, and each week or so replace injured players with the highest rostered player (no judgment used

A reminder for some of you that may not know. My opponent last night had a few active players on his bench, and some inactive players on his roster.

You can hit "start active players" Icon at the beginning of each week (or any time during the week), and your roster will be updated for that week so that players who play that night are not on the bench vs those who are not playing.

Only issue at times is when you have everyone playing one night, they may make an odd choice on who to sit. That being said, you are still further ahead using this rather than wasting a number of bench games each week.

1666304354664.png

Thanks to those who were at the draft tonight. I think there was 4.
I hope GuyFawkes can also join later -- he has done that before, and done very well.

Since we only have 8 teams, I changed the playoff settings to top 4 only.

I think I will be taking over UEO's team and doing a "replacement" level team like last year. I just auto dress the team each week, and each week or so replace injured players with the highest rostered player (no judgment used
If you want me to jump in and take over, I will.

Your call.

Your call.

Would be good. if you can take a team.
I set myself up as the manager a few days ago. I'll re-assign the team back to you -- you should get a message via e-mail.

Your call.

The e-mail has been sent.
You should then be able to rename your team.

The e-mail has been sent.
You should then be able to rename your team.
Ok.

I just tried.

Got a strange message that said try again in a hour.

I will…

Ok.

I just tried.

Got a strange message that said try again in a hour.

I will…

I sent you another activation message to transfer the team back to you... but something strange may be happening because of the initial transfer a few days back to me.

If it does not work, and If you are still interested, there is one other of the 8 teams that has an inactive manager... I can try moving that one instead.

I sent you another activation message to transfer the team back to you... but something strange may be happening because of the initial transfer a few days back to me.

If it does not work, and If you are still interested, there is one other of the 8 teams that has an inactive manager... I can try moving that one instead.
I’ll do whatever to help you boys out, I enjoy it…but I’m not a diehard. I’ll do enough to save u the trouble of doing a shadow team for sure.

All,

With only an 8 team league what is your preferred playoff format?

4 team make the playoffs - (which works OK I suppose as 5 people are making moves + I am running a replacement level team as per above). But there is no real advantage from finishing #1-#4 except for tie-breaker if score ends up tied.

6 Team make the playoffs - the real race is then for #1 and #2 to get the playoff bye. But then everybody who is running their team makes the playoffs which defeats the purpose

2 teams make the playoffs - raises the stakes a lot for the regular season.

All,

With only an 8 team league what is your preferred playoff format?

4 team make the playoffs - (which works OK I suppose as 5 people are making moves + I am running a replacement level team as per above). But there is no real advantage from finishing #1-#4 except for tie-breaker if score ends up tied.

6 Team make the playoffs - the real race is then for #1 and #2 to get the playoff bye. But then everybody who is running their team makes the playoffs which defeats the purpose

2 teams make the playoffs - raises the stakes a lot for the regular season.
Well, I mean, it's very possible people not running their teams could still make the playoffs.

I vote 6. Why not?

Keeping 6 might me the only way I get into the playoffs, and try to win the title for a 3rd year in a row.

In terms of winning the regular season anyway, Otto might have the championship team this year.

1672329090921.png

Down to the last half of the final game of the weekend and both semi's are up in the air.

Otto vs Replacement Team is currently 5-3
But Replacement Team has players going and will take the rebound category which will make it 5-4.
It can then flip the points category is Klay Thompson and Draymond Green score a total of 26 points in the second half. With Klay's ability to quickly get hot its possible... not likely, but possible, The two of them had 23 points in the first half.

Hak vs JN is currently 7-2
That being said there are 3 categories that could still flip.
Hak has Curry going, and I have Edwards and Gobert going.
I need 2 blocks to steal the block category.
I need 2 extra steals to steal the steal category.
And I am down .523 to .515 in FG%. That could turn as well.
Its possible, but I not likely that I flip all three.

HakAttack has a scary looking team right now, and I noticed he cleared some roster room for flex plays.

It also didn't help you that I totally screwed up the Ja Morant situation and Hak ended up picking him off waivers -- Yahoo didn't help me. Not that it made a difference in my matchup, but it may in yours.

They put Morant as "out" instead of Injured, which meant I had to keep on the active roster. I thought he was suspended for longer, and I needed to get as many healthy guys playing in my first playoff round, so I released him.

Hak picked him up.

Last edited:
Otto in Grotto in the lead heading into the final day of the league against Hak, but it has yet to be decided.

Currently 5 to 4.
Hak has to flip 1 category
Steals currently at 30 to 27 seems the most likely.
Blocks at 25 to 20 is a small possibility with Hak having Kesler going.
Threes at 62 to 53 is a longshot, but Hak does have Trae Young and Steph Curry.

Hak would also need to hold the assists which are close at 141 to 133.
FG% of .523 to .504 can also flip in the final day.

Status
Not open for further replies.