2022-23 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training... | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training...

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Next year begins now.

Free Agents:
Benintendi (CWS 5 yrs, $75 mil)
Britton
Carpenter (SD 2 yrs)
Castro (ARZ 1 yr. $3.5 mil)
Chapman (KC 1 yr, $3.75 mil)
Gonzalez (Japan 1 year $1.5 mil)
Green
Judge (9 yrs, $360 mil)
Taillon (CHC 4 yrs, $68 mil)

Player Option:
Rizzo (2 yr, $40 mil / 2025 club option)

Arbitration Eligible:
Cortes ($3.2 mil)
Germán ($2.6 mil)
Higashioka ($1.4 mil)
Holmes ($3.3 mil)
Kiner-Falefa ($6.0 mil)
King ($1.3 mil)
Loáisiga ($2.2 mil)
Luetge (Traded to ATL)
Montas ($7.5 mil)
Peralta ($3.3 mil)
Torres ($9.9 mil)
Trevino ($2.3 mil)
Trivino ($4.1 mil)

Last edited:
Judge signs 7 year 300 million deal to stay with Yankees.
Someone had to start it.

To me, keeping Boone and Cashman reeks of saying that being a good, but never good enough to win a WS, is totally acceptable.

found this on twitter, Hal and Cashman end of year press conference bingo board

FgCUrkaXwAEShJF

To me, keeping Boone and Cashman reeks of saying that being a good, but never good enough to win a WS, is totally acceptable.
I am at-peace with winning 99 games. All you can do is build a roster that will win a lot of games.

I am at-peace with winning 99 games. All you can do is build a roster that will win a lot of games.
I dont care how many games we win during the regular season. We have a demonstrated ability to crap out in the playoffs and not make the WS.

I'd rather be a bubble team and make the FF than to win 30 games and lose in the first round.

I'd rather be a bubble team and make the FF than to win 30 games and lose in the first round.
I prefer to be consistently in the running every year. I would rather be the Yankees of the last ten years than the Kansas City Royals (despite their World Series win and two appearances). I would rather be 90s Cleveland than 90s Florida.

I do not believe the GM or Manager has much control over that. You cannot control when players slump.
The team has been consistently slumping in the post season for the last two decades under Cashman.

I prefer to be consistently in the running every year. I would rather be the Yankees of the last ten years than the Kansas City Royals (despite their World Series win and two appearances). I would rather be 90s Cleveland than 90s Florida.
Realistically, when your team has one of the top payrolls in baseball you're fairly unlikely to consistently be one of the worst teams in the league.

The team has been consistently slumping in the post season for the last two decades under Cashman.
If you can find a GM that can identify which players will not slump in the postseason, then definitely fire Cashman and hire that person.

Boone will never be a sharp in game strategist. Not his skill set. He makes some poor decisions. But he gets the players to play hard, buy into a team concept, keeps things on an even keel, etc. Cashman makes some great moves and some bad moves. More good than bad. But he has the team in the playoffs every year. People thinking Hal would fire Cashman and Boone after they won the AL East this year, won 99 games, won their ALDS series are not being realistic. They are not going anywhere based on this year. This is Hal not George running the ship. Yes the roster construction was flawed and has been flawed for several years. But the injuries to DJ and Benintendi and Carpenter really hurt and they would have been far more competitive with Houston if those 3 were not injured and on top of their games. To win in the playoffs your big stars/best players have to be productive and do the job. This year only Bader (emerging star) and Rizzo produced, Stanton did vs Cleveland but not against Houston. Judge did nothing vs Houston (.063 with one single in 4 games). Gleyber, Donaldson did nothing too. Look back at the championship Yankee teams. Their big stars, Jeter, O'Neil, Matsui, Reggie, Mantle, Berra, DiMaggio, etc. all produced and they were under great pressure. Judge has to for the team to win. He's too good a player not to and he will in the future. Yes, I believe he stays with the Yankees.

Tough thing on Boone and Cashman is what exactly does an obvious upgrade look like? Who you bringing in?

10 years, $500M. They lost their discount by not signing him
Absolute insanity. They would be be bidding against themselves. I could see five or six years at somewhere near 50 million, though.

10 years, $500M. They lost their discount by not signing him
I’ll pass on that, maybe if he had brought a World Series title I’d look at something along those lines but even then it’s a firm see ya later.

Well the guy for SD (while with the Nats) turned down 10 years $440M, and Judge had a better year, and will be coming off a (likely) MVP season. The Seattle rookie's new contract could pay him about that, if he meets incentives. Dodgers and Mets will be buyers.

Look back at the championship Yankee teams. Their big stars, Jeter, O'Neil, Matsui, Reggie, Mantle, Berra, DiMaggio, etc. all produced and they were under great pressure.
A-Rod was huge in 2009 as well.

Boone will never be a sharp in game strategist. Not his skill set. He makes some poor decisions. But he gets the players to play hard, buy into a team concept, keeps things on an even keel, etc. Cashman makes some great moves and some bad moves. More good than bad. But he has the team in the playoffs every year. People thinking Hal would fire Cashman and Boone after they won the AL East this year, won 99 games, won their ALDS series are not being realistic. They are not going anywhere based on this year. This is Hal not George running the ship. Yes the roster construction was flawed and has been flawed for several years. But the injuries to DJ and Benintendi and Carpenter really hurt and they would have been far more competitive with Houston if those 3 were not injured and on top of their games. To win in the playoffs your big stars/best players have to be productive and do the job. This year only Bader (emerging star) and Rizzo produced, Stanton did vs Cleveland but not against Houston. Judge did nothing vs Houston (.063 with one single in 4 games). Gleyber, Donaldson did nothing too. Look back at the championship Yankee teams. Their big stars, Jeter, O'Neil, Matsui, Reggie, Mantle, Berra, DiMaggio, etc. all produced and they were under great pressure. Judge has to for the team to win. He's too good a player not to and he will in the future. Yes, I believe he stays with the Yankees.
Joe DiMaggio had decidedly mediocre numbers in October. His teams usually won, though.

Judge to San Francisco? Makes sense given his California roots and the expenditures Giants ownership is planning on. That would be my guess along with a number of other people...How the Yankees react should this happen will be interesting as Cashman has some very bad decisions it will be difficult to minimize.

Judge to San Francisco? Makes sense given his California roots and the expenditures Giants ownership is planning on. That would be my guess along with a number of other people...How the Yankees react should this happen will be interesting as Cashman has some very bad decisions it will be difficult to minimize.

Not a very hitter friendly park though. And a team that is going to likely finish in 3rd place in NL West more often than not in years to come.

Benintendi
Britton
Carpenter
Castro
Chapman (He gone)
Gonzalez
Green
Judge
Taillon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members