2022 class Scholarship Numbers | Syracusefan.com

2022 class Scholarship Numbers

CbusCuse

All Conference
I just heard an interesting article/video on 247 that said the 2021 class schools can take a full class and not be hindered by the 85 scholarship limit, but starting with the 2022 class schools will need to go back to the 85 limit. That's very interesting to me as I didn't realize that. I thought schools were going to be able to not count those kids that are playing in their 5th year until those players are gone. To me this makes the most sense. It only would hurt schools regarding the amount of money they need to shell out. And if a school didn't want to pay then they can choose to not take additional players.

This will really suck for those kids coming out in the 2022 class as schools will only be able to take maybe around 15-17 scholarships each. But on the positive side that is going to be great for schools like SU that don't normally get the top kids as we should get a higher level of player in the 2022 class. That should lessen the talent gap somewhat between the top programs and lower ones . Additionally kids are going to be committing early trying to reserve a slot in that class before they are all taken up so this should be interesting see how this plays out

One year amnesty.

Returning seniors won't count against the 85 scholarship limit for the 2021 season only.

One year amnesty.

Returning seniors won't count against the 85 scholarship limit for the 2021 season only.
Are schools going to have enough locker room, housing, etc. space to accommodate ~20 extra players?

Are schools going to have enough locker room, housing, etc. space to accommodate ~20 extra players?

We're currently at 105 including walkons. The huge state schools have even more.

Maybe everyone cuts back on the non-scholarship players for a year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom