2022 cycle | Syracusefan.com

2022 cycle

Didn't he get commitments from Dior and Kamari?

That's 8.
Got it. I only consider players who stick with their commitments and make it on campus as part of a recruiting class. I know a lot can change between now and the first day of classes too.

Given Louisville lost their head coach - Any chance we can go after Kamari again if cole doesn’t stick around?

I will say I like this class. I don’t think there are a lot of instant impact guys other than maybe 2 of them. But they are all program guys.

And for the love of god it feels good to get SYRACUSE TYPE players again. These guys are all athletic and fit the Syracuse style of play of old. Copeland and Mintz can both push the ball and will likely be very good at the top of the zone with great length, hands and feet. Taylor is that typical shooter we always have Buddy, Cooney, etc…think Buddy size, maybe not as good of a shooter yet but much more athletic than buddy and can finish around the rim. Bunch in my opinion is going to be a Southerland type, he is very athletic but plays more on the perimeter. If we can get him to finish around the rim and slash a bit, he’ll be a real problem. Brown is my sleeper of this class, I think he is going to be quietly very good for us. Think Roberson but more aggressive. Carey is a wild card. I don’t think he’ll ever be a great scorer here but he’s the perfect center for Copeland and Mitz style of play. Carey can run like a deer for his size, and is very athletic for his size. I think he’ll be a good rebounder and defensive player for us. I don’t think he’ll do much on offense other than catch some alley ops from Copeland and Mintz and score in transition cause he can run. He’s the perfect center for the players around him.

All in all, it’s a steady solid class. Mintz might be a real game changer and I can see potentially Bunch being that as well. A lot of players that fit a specific role on a team and will be excellent in that role. Lots of potential but don’t expect it all to come together next year. We definitely still need to add a couple pieces from the portal but this class is a good start for next year and the future

Not sure Lands fits great at this point

Benny
Cole (hopefully)

He’d be ahead of Taylor but Taylor very capable, same with Maliq.

There’s a ton of P5 programs that would probably start him from day 1. Can’t see why he’d come here

2022 spin cycle. Coaches must be relieved it's over (hopefully!)

Crazy how we ended up swapping PGs. I'm happy with Mintz. Let's go Orange!
p19172_p_v12_ac.jpg

Dior to Pitt...

Crazy how we ended up swapping PGs. I'm happy with Mintz. Let's go Orange!
Wish he had stayed out in the PAC-12 at Oregon.

Capel and company must have put together a pretty sweet deal for him, since he was supposed to take an official tomorrow at Mississippi State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom