2022 MLB Season | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Lol at these teams paying these guys $30 million a year until they’re 40.

He’s only going to be a stud for maybe half the length of that contract. And even then, it’s not like he’s a top 5 player or anything. Maybe top 20 or so?

Last edited:
Lol at these teams paying these guys $30 million a year until they’re 40.

He’s only going to be a stud for maybe half the length of that contract. And even then, it’s not like he’s a top 5 player or anything. Maybe top 20 or so?
It’s the price of doing business these days.
You’re lucky if the billionaire owner of your team is willing to spend money.
If you’re a fan of the Red Sox, you’re SOL

What a gross move. They got cold feet and had their doctors make something up, so they could renege.

Pathetic. I hate that franchise.
Now the Mets are doing the same thing. Might be a legit concern after all.

I’ve been dreaming of this for like 20 years!

Next get it to college b-ball, so a block/charge call never gets missed again.
Just eliminate charges., no such thing as a charge . Now go play. You cant push off / extend your arms. Otherwise plow ahead

Just eliminate charges., no such thing as a charge . Now go play. You cant push off / extend your arms. Otherwise plow ahead
Eh. It’s gotta at least be a no call if you plow into the defender though.

Otherwise you get the scrubs who just leap and flail into the defender and throw up some garbage that is not going in, but get bailed out by a foul call.

Also, robot refs/umps was my idea like 20 years ago. If only I had any kind of engineering and or tech skills whatsoever.

My brother and dad will still text me “robot refs” when the refs are hurting my teams, due to my in the moment rants about it years ago when we were watching games.

Don’t eliminate them. 1) Defender must be making a basketball play. 2) He must be set 1-2 seconds, at least, before the last dribble of the drive. 3) Blocks/charges after the pass ball don’t get called.

My team (Orioles) has one of the top catcher for framing pitches and now they are moving toward robots. Of course.
Yeah, this will result in a renewed focus on offensive catchers. It’s a shame that a guy like Jose Trevino will have his value cut by 2/3, but there are always consequences to progress.

Don’t eliminate them. 1) Defender must be making a basketball play. 2) He must be set 1-2 seconds, at least, before the last dribble of the drive. 3) Blocks/charges after the pass ball don’t get called.
no more secondary defender charges

I loved the crime dog but I don’t think he’s a HOFer. However, once they put in Hal Baines they really lowered the bar. I also feel Carlos Delgado was better than both.

McGriff ops+134
Delgado 138
Baines 121

Delgado had a few more good years in him had he not got hurt, otherwise he laps those two in counting stats

Last edited:
I loved the crime dog but I don’t think he’s a HOFer. However, once they put in Hal Baines they really lowered the bar. I also feel Carlos Delgado was better than both.

McGriff ops+134
Delgado 138
Baines 121

Delgado had a few more good years in him had he not got hurt, otherwise he laps those two in counting stats
For me it was putting in Bill Mazeroski. Full disclosure, I never saw him play, but his stats didn’t seem to justify his induction to me.

For me it was putting in Bill Mazeroski. Full disclosure, I never saw him play, but his stats didn’t seem to justify his induction to me.

Best stats of any defensive player ever, at any position per Bill James

“I think defense belongs in the Hall of Fame. Defense deserves as much credit as pitching and I’m proud to be going in as a defensive player."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom