2022 MLB Season | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

1649060944097.png

It's a disaster.
I hate MLB cutting their broadcast rights into so many pieces. Maybe they make a little more money short term this way but it makes it extremely hard for fans of a team to watch all their games.

Especially fans lacking technical skills or the funds to sign up for all the services carrying games now.

Maybe MLB should think about the fans a bit more, since their support makes the sport possible.

Thought the pregame show was low quality. Thought the broadcast was okay. Interviews during the game are kind of cheesy. Don’t think anything worthwhile ever comes of them.

The mics on some players were pretty cool. Listening to Soto cheer on Josh Bell running down a ball down the line to get Canha trying to get a double was fun. Listening to the sound Lindor made when the Nats threw at his head was disturbing.

All the probabilities they kept showing after every pitch were weird and at least sometimes clearly wrong.

The graphics used were really small and inappropriate for a baseball broadcast. Hard to read the lineups, hard to read the mph on pitches.

The announcers sounded like they were unfamiliar with the teams and had little experience doing baseball games.

I think they probably used the normal camera crew and director, since that stuff looked normal.

First time using Apple TV. The signal for the game was lost twice and I had to reload to get it going again. I assume that was a production problem but maybe my tv or cable company was at fault.

Glad it was offered free. I knew I didn’t have to sign up for the service and took pains to avoid (which was possible) that but I bet a lot of people was not so careful and are signed up now.

What is the end game strategy for MLB? Someday soon, if you want to watch every game for a team like the Mets, you need Internet access, a subscription to YouTube, one to Apple TV, a subscription to a cable company that carries SNY and WPIX, a subscription to Amazon Prime and probably a subscription to Netflix?

What a horrible way to drive fans away from a sport.

Great post sutomcat ! A couple times a year, the Mariners have games only available on Facebook!?!

I hate MLB cutting their broadcast rights into so many pieces. Maybe they make a little more money short term this way but it makes it extremely hard for fans of a team to watch all their games.

Especially fans lacking technical skills or the funds to sign up for all the services carrying games now.

Maybe MLB should think about the fans a bit more, since their support makes the sport possible.

Thought the pregame show was low quality. Thought the broadcast was okay. Interviews during the game are kind of cheesy. Don’t think anything worthwhile ever comes of them.

The mics on some players were pretty cool. Listening to Soto cheer on Josh Bell running down a ball down the line to get Canha trying to get a double was fun. Listening to the sound Lindor made when the Nats threw at his head was disturbing.

All the probabilities they kept showing after every pitch were weird and at least sometimes clearly wrong.

The graphics used were really small and inappropriate for a baseball broadcast. Hard to read the lineups, hard to read the mph on pitches.

The announcers sounded like they were unfamiliar with the teams and had little experience doing baseball games.

I think they probably used the normal camera crew and director, since that stuff looked normal.

First time using Apple TV. The signal for the game was lost twice and I had to reload to get it going again. I assume that was a production problem but maybe my tv or cable company was at fault.

Glad it was offered free. I knew I didn’t have to sign up for the service and took pains to avoid (which was possible) that but I bet a lot of people was not so careful and are signed up now.

What is the end game strategy for MLB? Someday soon, if you want to watch every game for a team like the Mets, you need Internet access, a subscription to YouTube, one to Apple TV, a subscription to a cable company that carries SNY and WPIX, a subscription to Amazon Prime and probably a subscription to Netflix?

What a horrible way to drive fans away from a sport.
I can't comment on the broadcast since I didn't watch, but think you have a very good point with your first and last paragraphs about so many different outlets needed to watch games. Doesn't seem to make it easy to follow your team.

Remember how that met whimp responded to a Clemens fastball, here’s how a Yankee does it…

so who flucked the combined perfecto?

so who flucked the combined perfecto?
Alex Vesia. He gave up a clean single to Scary Gary and then a walk. Ended up being a combined 1 hitter with three pitchers. Sanchez' single would of been right at the 2nd baseman had it not been for the shift they had on. Kershaw seemed cool with being yanked as it was cold in MN today.

Alex Vesia. He gave up a clean single to Scary Gary and then a walk. Ended up being a combined 1 hitter with three pitchers. Sanchez' single would of been right at the 2nd baseman had it not been for the shift they had on. Kershaw seemed cool with being yanked as it was cold in MN today.
Gary Sanchez...

SMH...

I mean…. I don’t get it. Pitch count of 80? Lmao
I get it. First start of a shortened ST. Weather was 38 degrees with 18 mph winds. Throw in Kershaw's past back issues. No need to pull a Terry Collins with Johan Santana. Heck, the Dodgers have not even had there home opener yet.

I get it. First start of a shortened ST. Weather was 38 degrees with 18 mph winds. Throw in Kershaw's past back issues. No need to pull a Terry Collins with Johan Santana. Heck, the Dodgers have not even had there home opener yet.
Was literally perfect.

I get it….but it’s a good example of how sports just aren’t that fun anymore. Everything is calculated and business driven.

I get it….but it’s a good example of how sports just aren’t that fun anymore. Everything is calculated and business driven.
I still think there is plenty of joy to be found in watching sports. People are just more inclined than ever to constantly take inventory of everything that is wrong. We also romanticize the past so much that the present can never measure-up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom