2022 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NYSPHSAA Boys Lacrosse Championships

Northport over Bville <4
Garden City over Canandaigua >5
Manhasset over Westhill >10
CSH over Chenango Forks >8

Long Island sweep. Bville has the best chance of making it a game. If there DII fogo can stay with the Penn State commit, then it can be close.

I concur though my sleeper ‘might’ be Canandaigua. Haven’t decided.

I concur though my sleeper ‘might’ be Canandaigua. Haven’t decided.
They won't be able to score enough goals to keep up. Above average NYS public defense with an average to below average offense.

My humble opinion:
I’ll pick B’ville by 3.

Canadaigua/Garden City is a pick ‘‘em to me. The Braves D is good and the offense well, isn’t but, it’s living embodiment of why we need a shot clock. I think Garden City is better but I can easily see the Braves D and stall ball tactic working.

Manhasset over Westhill by 4. Never said Westhill would win but I do think they have a punchers chance. I’d be really surprised if they got blown out.

Cold Spring Harbor over Forks by 2 in a shootout. Just can’t pick a section 4 team to win but Forks can score and I think they can push CSH to the brink. No way I would have said this a few weeks ago.

Westhill is not a great team. Not saying they can't beat Manhasset but it will be an uphill battle. Westhill really struggled against Liverpool early in the season getting doubled up. Their schedule was not overly challenging either as Class C seemed down in Sec III.
Really struggled against a school 4x the size of westhill first game of season. Nice summary.

Really struggled against a school 4x the size of westhill first game of season. Nice summary.
Hmmmm what summary are you looking for? Have seen both teams play and understand that teasm develop and improve over the course of a season. Lets see Liverpool is almost always on the bottom end of class A standings in Sec III (this year they were better but still finished behind CNS and B'ville and still couldn't beat WG who is now class B and always beats Liverpool). Pool had better athletes and players at almost every position. They pulled most of their starters in the 3rd qtr and still continued to dominate possession, gb's, and most every other stat. Liverpool doubled them up on the scoreboard and it could have been a lot worse. Class C was not an overly difficult class this year in Section III (CBS and Westhill were top dogs). If they were run off the field by Liverpool, logic leads me to believe they will get trounced by a better Manhasset team which has a bevy of DI college prospects. But that's why they play the game.

Northport over Bville <4

Long Island sweep. Bville has the best chance of making it a game. If there DII fogo can stay with the Penn State commit, then it can be close.
Agree that B'ville has the best chance to stop a LI sweep and I actually think they will pull out a close one. I could see the others all being LI blowouts unfortunately.

They won't be able to score enough goals to keep up. Above average NYS public defense with an average to below average offense.

I might be jaded by the Victor win but I’m always leery of a staunch defense and a goalie who gets hot. I lean Garden City.

I like Northport over BVille. 20-1 playing a much harder schedule. Only lost to My Sinai. They have a great offense.

They beat Victor, they have a chance

Victor hasn't even played in a Section V finals since 2019, let alone the State Tournament. Victor isn't the Victor your thinking of.

True but they were 17-1 this season. Having beaten Niskayuna, JD, BVille, FM and Canandaigua the first time before falling on their face to Canandaigua the 2nd time.. They beat all the the best schools in upstate. I think this just further supports the prediction that LI will sweep.

True but they were 17-1 this season. Having beaten Niskayuna, JD, BVille, FM and Canandaigua the first time before falling on their face to Canandaigua the 2nd time.. They beat all the the best schools in upstate. I think this just further supports the prediction that LI will sweep.
I think Bville breaks up the LI party. This is their best chance to get a title

Class D
Cold Spring Harbor in a laugher over Chenango Forks

Class C
Westhill is better than they're being given credit for and will keep it close for a bit. They're playing better as the season goes on. 5 goal victory over CBA is nothing to sneeze at. Manhasset pulls away for a 7-10 goal win though unless they come in cocky and overconfident.

Class B
This is a toss up. Why is everyone selling Canandaigua short? Victor is loaded with D1 recruits like they usually are (Maryland, Cornell, Stony Brook etc). If Canandaigua can beat Victor they can beat Garden City. Rye is very good but nothing special and Garden City barely squeaked by them. Canadaigua's defense is truly special. I know it's not the W. Genny of old but holding them to 1 goal is something else. GC has the home field advantage so this is a true pick 'em. I'll go with Canandaigua 7-6 so that the Long Island blowhards have to deal with a split (and don't get a W in the top 2 classes which some think is more important)

Class A
Northport is nothing special. Long Island Suffolk A was down this year. They got blown out by Mt. Sinai to start the year and had a bunch of close calls against very mediocre competition (Bay Shore, Connetquot, Lindenhurst etc.) Port Washington and Scarsdale in states weren't that great and the margin of victory was only 4 in both games. B'ville has a great defense and transition and never broke a sweat aside from the close Victor loss on the road. B'ville takes it by 3-4.

FU-TWgZWQAUHNFs

FU-TWdZWYAAmJaG

FU-TWkwWQAAt3Zh

FU-TWgJXsAE9pJO

BVille looks really good. BVille goalie has been great! Northport plays stupid and their whole offense thus far is basically iso dodges from X.

b'ville with a nice dub. every year there are multiple folks calling for a long island sweep. hasn't happened since 2012? and most of those years were just 3 classes.

canandaigua with the best chance out of them and westhill.

Last edited:
Northport over Bville <4

Long Island stumble... your D1 PS commit didn't matter since the Bville D2 fogo was better. Try to be a little more intelligent with your posts next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom