2022 Roster | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Roster

Decided just for kicks to look up John Cohen on the ol youtube. Believe it or not but there is footage of him from actual Hopkins practices. Have to say he looks pretty darn good? Granted Hopkins was not exactly an elite defense and who knows if these are third string guys he is going up against, but he showcases some nice moves and decision making. Who knows? Maybe we are on to something here? Maybe if everybody had a full practice highlight tape they would look pretty amazing too? Still would say it is slightly encouraging given how much time he has left.

Decided just for kicks to look up John Cohen on the ol youtube. Believe it or not but there is footage of him from actual Hopkins practices. Have to say he looks pretty darn good? Granted Hopkins was not exactly an elite defense and who knows if these are third string guys he is going up against, but he showcases some nice moves and decision making. Who knows? Maybe we are on to something here? Maybe if everybody had a full practice highlight tape they would look pretty amazing too? Still would say it is slightly encouraging given how much time he has left.

Well it certainly doesn't look like he "missed the season due to injury." :)

Well it certainly doesn't look like he "missed the season due to injury." :)
Could be footage from preseason and it happened a little later? Or Hop just lies about that sort of thing? Either way I am somewhat of a believer now. Some nice plays in there!

Could be footage from preseason and it happened a little later? Or Hop just lies about that sort of thing? Either way I am somewhat of a believer now. Some nice plays in there!

Suspect it is the latter, but what do I know. He does look pretty quick out there, can see his basketball background in his play. Still, not someone you want to have to run back and play defense.

Forgot to mention that Corsi is listed as a midfielder, not an attackman so I feel like that means he has a good chance to see the field immediately.

Interesting... I've been impressed with Corsi since he committed (Class of 2021 - New Commit: Matteo Corsi (MI / IMG) Attack). I agree that this move likely means that they feel it's going to be hard to keep him off the field, and maybe even looking ahead to next year with JS inbound. Lastly, if Tucker is going to play attack, maybe they could have some O where they invert Corsi and kick Tucker back up to middie.

Interesting... I've been impressed with Corsi since he committed (Class of 2021 - New Commit: Matteo Corsi (MI / IMG) Attack). I agree that this move likely means that they feel it's going to be hard to keep him off the field, and maybe even looking ahead to next year with JS inbound. Lastly, if Tucker is going to play attack, maybe they could have some O where they invert Corsi and kick Tucker back up to middie.

Yes, I could see them doing the invert with multiple middies on the roster - Cook, Birtwistle, Tenaglia and Corsi. Dordevic might be an attackman in that he stays on the field at all times, but could very easily attack the defense from midfield spots. Could cause match up problems with the midfielders drawing a short stick and Dordevic drawing a close defender away from the goal.

No leaves on any of the trees in any of those clips and snow on the sideline; looks like February in Baltimore. Cohen was injured early last year and missed most of the year, and apparently didn't see a minute of game action on a team that could have used him if he was that good, so I'm not sure why someone might think he's lying about the redshirt year.

Last edited:
No leaves on any of the trees in any of those clips and snow on the sideline; looks like February in Baltimore. Cohen was injured early last year and missed most of the year, and apparently didn't see a minute of game action on a team that could have used him if he was that good, so I'm not sure why someone might think he's lying about the redshirt year.

Some of the clips in the second video look like they were from later in the season. There's no snow on the ground and the coaches are wearing shorts and tees.

I don't think he's lying, but I do think there is a possibility the website would still say "did not see any game action after suffering a season-ending injury" even if he wasn't going to see the field when healthy. Teams do stuff like that sometimes. He didn't play at all in 2020 either, under a different coaching staff.

He played in first game of 2020 according to his old bio and the stat sheet for their 2020 game against Towson, mop up duty.'

Also it was almost 50-70 degrees during day for most of late February in Baltimore last year, this isn't the frozen tundra. The snow in the corners is a dead giveaway because those ice and rubber pellet piles are usually all that sticks around even though the flowers across MD were blooming by then.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom