2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is GMac being the lead recruiter so difficult to believe for some? Such an odd thing to challenge.
Yes, because obviously he can’t get better as a recruiter. He must forever be judged by whatever misses he’s had in the past, no?

Congrats on the pickup. Justin is a very good player and will thrive in the Buddy role. Always hate to lose a Charlottesville guy with a UVA offer to another program, especially one that’s in the same conference. But I completely understand his decision and wish him good luck.

It’s hard to see Boeheim still coaching after his sons leave but maybe he’ll go longer than I thought. Any chance that Mac is a candidate to take over whenever Coach retires?

IMO no. Red Autry, another former Cuse point guard, has more seniority. Staff is all former players. You have one hell of a good coach. I was impressed by Bennett way back when he took Wazoo to the dance.

Congrats on the pickup. Justin is a very good player and will thrive in the Buddy role. Always hate to lose a Charlottesville guy with a UVA offer to another program, especially one that’s in the same conference. But I completely understand his decision and wish him good luck.

It’s hard to see Boeheim still coaching after his sons leave but maybe he’ll go longer than I thought. Any chance that Mac is a candidate to take over whenever Coach retires?
Anyone’s guess who will be the next head coach, but Boeheim could be around for another ten years.

Well, I've seen a few highlight vids of Justin the last couple of days, but just came across one that super impressed me re: this kid's talent. IQ? Court vision? This vid is of Justin 2 yrs ago when he was a sophomore & you can see why the coaching staff was so hungry to win his favor.

He appears to have been at the same level of development as a sophomore as the Buddy Boeheim we saw this year. As a sophomore he was already beyond the 'thinking' stage to where his offensive movements were purely instinctive, both while driving and dishing, or simply getting himself open for his money shots.

I'm now really excited about him joining up with the Orange next year. :)

I told everyone Buddy had at least another year, I didn't realize the master plan was to get him 4 more..

Well, I've seen a few highlight vids of Justin the last couple of days, but just came across one that super impressed me re: this kid's talent. IQ? Court vision? This vid is of Justin 2 yrs ago when he was a sophomore & you can see why the coaching staff was so hungry to win his favor.

He appears to have been at the same level of development as a sophomore as the Buddy Boeheim we saw this year. As a sophomore he was already beyond the 'thinking' stage to where his offensive movements were purely instinctive, both while driving and dishing, or simply getting himself open for his money shots.

I'm now really excited about him joining up with the Orange next year. :)
How did his defense look? Specifically, lateral quickness, foot speed, hands and overall activity?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if people appreciate yet what kind of special player Justin Taylor is going to be.

I just came across this highlight vid of him in 2018 & he's just damned impressive for that age. His court awareness really stands out for what...a 14 yr old?

Thought I'd share...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors