2022 World Cup | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 World Cup

Berhalter outmanaged after HT. Kiefer Moore changed the game. Zimmerman had to be smarter. 1-1 is pretty fair with how this played out

There will be X million of people, between television, radio and fans in the stands, who are not concerned with Qatar’s human rights, or lack thereof. Don’t forget hundreds of players and complicit national soccer federations.
What if US/Canada/European national teams had boycotted (over human rights, not beer)?
The fact that FIFA could be bribed enough to put it there in the first place should be the biggest concern.
Yup .. we didn’t realize FIFA was corrupt until this

This is the result I was expecting going into the WC but not after that first half. Berhalter was out coached as we worried about in the 2H. Now we must find a way to make England have to win their third game. Massive disadvantage that Wales gets Iran second. I don't understand that scheduling frankly.

We have to bet on being able to beat Iran and throw the kitchen sink at England.

I'm a little more than basic/beginner level as my full understanding of strategy. So can someone who knows more explain what the strategy was with our corners? We didn't look close to winning a header. At what point do you try something else?

I'm a little more than basic/beginner level as my full understanding of strategy. So can someone who knows more explain what the strategy was with our corners? We didn't look close to winning a header. At what point do you try something else?

Well Pulisic was bad coming in on corners and hasn't improved. His service was too short or too long so essentially they were bad because of that.

Ah well. Missed opportunity. The penalty was a penalty. While some of the early yellow cards seemed unwarranted, there was less of that later on.

The commentators were braying about Reyna not coming in, but I thought bringing in Wright for headers and Aaronson for his running at the point of attack were both quality moves by Berhalter.

Tough result. We were good enough for a second goal.

So after this disappointment let's hope our boys beat Richmond and don't pile on. Bad feeling that one goes wrong too.

You choose a player that can actually deliver a nice ball from the corner. that is not Pulisic strength and frankly I have no idea why he takes those.

FIFA controls the broadcast, not Fox.

(I agree that they do too many fan cut aways)

Fox also does Champions League. Kate Abdo is cute, but she's clueless.

Not only does she not really know football (God knows, the US uses sports bimbos as announcers, too ...), but she misses production cues all the time, about things like who is supposed to speak next, which reporter to toss it to, or when you're going to cut to a commecial.

She is next-level, when it comes to those sorts of "unforced errors".

You choose a player that can actually deliver a nice ball from the corner. that is not Pulisic strength and frankly I have no idea why he takes those.

It's because of his "status" within the team. They should use Aaronson, when he plays, or Reyna, when he plays.

The Paul Harris of set pieces ?

You're right; they should have mixed in some short corners. Pulisic should have been receiving those and then working along the baseline, or from the corner of the box.

Why they did it the way they did may have seemed half-hearted in the 2nd half. I think that's because they were afraid from over-committing upfield to try to head in a corner, and then leaving ourselves open to a fast counter from Bale or Daniel James, who is also really fast.

Man, wales sure plays a dirty / chippy game.

Man, wales sure plays a dirty / chippy game.

The Qatar refs let them. They played as they were allowed. The refs were awful with yellow card issuance and clock management at the end. Also a stretch of about 9 fouls on Wales uncalled in their most dominant stretch. To me not adding the 4 minutes at the end that Wales wasted was as bad as it gets.

On another note Qatar gets an F as host between the officiating, climate( never should have been here and forced a delay in start date), the venues might be pretty and high tech but until the US game the environment was pathetic and like watching a golf match.

Add in the human rights part and this whole thing is a disgrace. Oh and yeah no alcohol to boot in a last minute decision.

The Qatar refs let them. They played as they were allowed. The refs were awful with yellow card issuance and clock management at the end. Also a stretch of about 9 fouls on Wales uncalled in their most dominant stretch. To me not adding the 4 minutes at the end that Wales wasted was as bad as it gets.

On another note Qatar gets an F as host between the officiating, climate( never should have been here and forced a delay in start date), the venues might be pretty and high tech but until the US game the environment was pathetic and like watching a golf match.

Add in the human rights part and this whole thing is a disgrace. Oh and yeah no alcohol to boot in a last minute decision.
That was no last minute decision. They were ALWAYS going to do that. Their plan from the very beginning was to win the hosting bid, and then pull a 180 when there was nothing that could be done about it.

S
Reminds me of a lot of those Central American and Caribbean countries in CONCACAF, no?
but that is usually both sides so the refs probably put away the whistles cause you can’t call everything (think classic Pitt bball). This was pretty one sided assault, at least in the first half

Our counter attacks in the second half sucked. Wales got forward and we had 4 or 5 3v3 and 4v3 counters and did absolutely nothing with them. That should have been game over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom