2022 Yankees Season | Page 241 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Rizzo Reportedly Opting Out. No surprise, he can likely end up back with the Yankees if, say, they add another year to his contract:

Rizzo Reportedly Opting Out. No surprise, he can likely end up back with the Yankees if, say, they add another year to his contract:

Really like the Rizz hope they can work something out.Smart ball players are few and far between these days.

I would offer Judge 7 years $300mm with a partial no trade clause and a mutual option for the 8th year. Give him 5 days to respond and then move on - if he does not except - like the Braves did with Freeman. To weather this storm Hal is going to need extend Cashman for a couple of years.

Really like the Rizz hope they can work something out.Smart ball players are few and far between these days.
His current contract is $16 mill a year for two years, and that the player can opt out after the first year.
While the article doesn't specify, it doesn't look like Rizzo is seeking a raise, just looking to add at least one more year to the existing contract.

In other words, if they want him back, he'll be back.

I would offer Judge 7 years $300mm with a partial no trade clause and a mutual option for the 8th year. Give him 5 days to respond and then move on - if he does not except - like the Braves did with Freeman. To weather this storm Hal is going to need extend Cashman for a couple of years.
If I was Judge and his agent I'd laugh at that offer and deadline.

If I was Judge and his agent I'd laugh at that offer and deadline.
$42.8mm for 7 years would make him the highest position player by a mile (Trout - $37.1mm). If that is laughable, I'd let him walk. Would be fun to see the reception he gets when the Yanks open with SF at home next year.

$42.8mm for 7 years would make him the highest position player by a mile (Trout - $37.1mm). If that is laughable, I'd let him walk. Would be fun to see the reception he gets when the Yanks open with SF at home next year.
Which other position player broke the home run record?

You're thinking too much like a fan and not enough like an agent.

You don't put a 5 day deadline on a player like this coming off a season like he just had. Unless your plan is to immediately take yourself out of contention.

FhzquscX0AQRNGh

FhzrFg1WYAIZf35

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom