2022 Yankees Season | Page 224 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Thanks. I struggled listening with Costas on. He is good with other things but horrible with baseball.
He once was fine doing baseball, but it's been awhile and he seemed like he was trying make up for lost time. He had no chemistry with Ron Darling, and stepped on everything that poor guy actually was able to say.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666142438603.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666142438603.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 24
Baseball's scheduling is just crazy. They play Wed/Thurs in Houston. Off Friday. Then five straight days. Not even another travel day off if it goes six games. So messed up.

Gosh, that was a stressful, but in the end, a rewarding series. It was a match-up of extreme approaches "three true outcomes" versus contact.

I am finally ready to start thinking about the next series. The Yankee rotation is a tough puzzle to solve. I do not see a way to approach it without using a fifth starter/bullpen game unless you have multiple pitchers going on short-rest.

I might pitch Cole in Game 2 (Thursday) on short-rest so he can pitch Game 7 (Tuesday) on full-rest or Game 6 (Monday) on short-rest. If you wait to pitch him in Game 3 (Saturday) on extra rest, the best you can do is have him pitch out of the bullpen in Games 6 or 7.

There is no way for Cortés to start twice. You might be able to use him in the bullpen is Games 6 or 7.

Post-Shower Edit: I totally screwed that up. I missed a day somewhere. I shouldn't try to solve the Yankees issues while I am hurriedly getting ready for work. The obvious approach will be:

Game 1 (Wed): Taillon (full-rest)
Game 2 (Thur): Severino (full-rest)
off day
Game 3 (Sat): Cole (extra-rest)
Game 4 (Sun): Cortés (full-rest)
Game 5 (Mon): Taillon (full-rest)
Game 6 (Tues): Severino (full-rest)
Game 7 (Wed): Cole (short-rest) - Cortés available in the bullpen

It's really not too bad.

Last edited:
That's not a bad thing. Darling is given to more than enough moments of gasbaggery himself.
Ron Darling is very good, IMO. I've always found him to be insightful and not at all full of himself. He frequently works in a three-person booth, and does so seamlessly. With Costas, it was like being in a 10-person booth with nine people in love with the sound of their own voices.

Oswald Peraza, Greg Weissert and Frankie Montas are on the Yankees' ALCS roster.

DJ LeMahieu, Ron Marinaccio, Andrew Benintendi, Aroldis Chapman, Marwin Gonzalez, Aaron Hicks (injured) and Lucas Luetge were left off.

Am I missing something on Luetge??

He was in my circle of trust.

Oswald Peraza, Greg Weissert and Frankie Montas are on the Yankees' ALCS roster.

DJ LeMahieu, Ron Marinaccio, Andrew Benintendi, Aroldis Chapman, Marwin Gonzalez, Aaron Hicks (injured) and Lucas Luetge were left off.
What’s the deal with Marinaccio?Thought he was a lock for ALCS. Maybe I’m dreaming but could of swore I read he was ready.

Aaron Boone said Ron Marinaccio was a close call to be on the ALCS roster but they feel his delivery is still compromised by the shin injury.

Aaron Boone said Frankie Montas will be used as a reliever. He’s not expected to give length out of the pen. Boone said Montas has looked “really good.”

Giancarlo Stanton will start in LF today, but expect him to DH tomorrow with Matt Carpenter sitting vs. LHP. Aaron Boone said he wouldn’t rule out Stanton starting in LF at Yankee Stadium.

Aaron Boone said Isiah Kiner-Falefa is in the lineup today because Justin Verlander is tough against lefties and a tough switch-hit matchup, which is why Oswaldo Cabrera is on the bench. Boone said he expects Cabrera will play LF tomorrow.

Aaron Boone said this about how he plans on using Oswald Peraza: “He can pinch run. He can get in later in the series. Pinch hit for a shortstop. Maybe gets a start at some point.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom