2022 Yankees Season | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Guessing it's Cole, Monty, and either Deivi Garcia or JP Sears for the Orioles series.

DJ Grand Slam clears the dance floor.

Happy 10 years of MLB service day !!

Cut Donaldson.
Donaldson should know better, but I buy his explanation.

From the ESPN article:

Donaldson, who is white, said the "Jackie" comment was in reference to a 2019 interview with Sports Illustrated in which Anderson described himself as feeling like "today's Jackie Robinson" in how he's "getting to a point where I need to change the game."

From the ESPN article:

Donaldson, who is white, said the "Jackie" comment was in reference to a 2019 interview with Sports Illustrated in which Anderson described himself as feeling like "today's Jackie Robinson" in how he's "getting to a point where I need to change the game."
Donaldson seems like a bit of a punk but the White Sox seem like they are looking for some kind of edge. Maybe they’ll find it when they play the Tigers or the Royals.

From the ESPN article:

Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh

Care to elaborate? lol
My bias against Donaldson is absolutely showing, but the guy has been a known butthead for a long time.

The context is helpful in the sense that there is context.

It's still in poor taste. I don't have a problem when people that are jerks don't get the benefit of the doubt.

My bias against Donaldson is absolutely showing, but the guy has been a known butthead for a long time.

The context is helpful in the sense that there is context.

It's still in poor taste. I don't have a problem when people that are jerks don't get the benefit of the doubt.
I don't get why someone would want to go there. No upside.

From the ESPN article:

Non-Yankees fan so I really have no dog in this fight. I'm not a huge Donaldson fan even when he played for the Braves a few years ago, but I actually do believe his explanation. That being said, I feel it's kind of like joking about me being in a wheelchair. I can make a joke about it and it's fine, but if someone else makes a joke, it comes off obnoxious.

Non-Yankees fan so I really have no dog in this fight. I'm not a huge Donaldson fan even when he played for the Braves a few years ago, but I actually do believe his explanation. That being said, I feel it's kind of like joking about me being in a wheelchair. I can make a joke about it and it's fine, but if someone else makes a joke, it comes off obnoxious.
Agree. Donaldson should not have said it. Anderson should not have compared him today's Jackie Robinson either wrt to changing the game. The only thing TA needs to change is his Agent. That contract was so dumb that Reinsdorf even warned him about. JD has called him Jackie a couple of times over the past couple of years. Why is it a problem now. No dog in the fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom