2022 Yankees Season | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

Gleyber bangs one off the wall to score Rizz. :)

Gleyber overslid 3rd base. :(

Aaron Judge’s Decision to Bet on Himself is Paying Off

“…While ZiPS still wouldn’t offer him $250 million, it’s a lot closer, and we’re now talking a $70 million single-season jump in valuation. It also puts the Yankees in an interesting negotiating position. If they thought that Judge was worthy of $213.5 million from 2023-29 before the season, it’s going to be quite difficult to say that they shouldn’t offer him significantly more after turning in an MVP-type season that’s every bit as stunning as his 2017 campaign. In this case, Judge may very well get the contract he wants.”

“By turning down a fair offer entering the season, Aaron Judge made an enormous wager on himself, bigger than any ever seen at the World Series of Poker. So far this season, he’s done as much as he possibly could to ensure that come 2023, he’ll be the one raking in the chips.”

Aaron Judge’s Decision to Bet on Himself is Paying Off

“…While ZiPS still wouldn’t offer him $250 million, it’s a lot closer, and we’re now talking a $70 million single-season jump in valuation. It also puts the Yankees in an interesting negotiating position. If they thought that Judge was worthy of $213.5 million from 2023-29 before the season, it’s going to be quite difficult to say that they shouldn’t offer him significantly more after turning in an MVP-type season that’s every bit as stunning as his 2017 campaign. In this case, Judge may very well get the contract he wants.”

“By turning down a fair offer entering the season, Aaron Judge made an enormous wager on himself, bigger than any ever seen at the World Series of Poker. So far this season, he’s done as much as he possibly could to ensure that come 2023, he’ll be the one raking in the chips.”
So far, so good for Mr. Judge. But we're not even 50 games into the season.

So far, so good for Mr. Judge. But we're not even 50 games into the season.
“…Judge gambled on himself, and while two-thirds of the season remains, the early returns are pointing in his direction…”

“…Judge gambled on himself, and while two-thirds of the season remains, the early returns are pointing in his direction…”
Just emphasizing that the day is young. I'm not anticipating a drop in his production, but he hasn't always proven durable.

660758d72274dbcc61d86c3573d159b9--admiral-ackbar-laughing.jpg

not a fan of this guy

"New York — Josh Donaldson was hurt when New York Yankees teammates didn’t back him after he made a remark to White Sox star Tim Anderson about Jackie Robinson that Chicago manager Tony La Russa called racist...

Anderson said he agreed with La Russa, and several Yankees said Donaldson was wrong. Yankees manager Aaron Boone said: “This is just my opinion — (that’s) somewhere he should not be going.” New York star Aaron Judge said: “I just don’t think it’s the right thing to do there.”

“I think that was tough to hear, for sure, just for the simple fact that I pride myself on being a good teammate, and everywhere I’ve went, every organization that I’ve been a part of, minus Oakland, has offered me extensions, has wanted me to stay back,” Donaldson said during batting practice Wednesday.

“They’ve showed that they wanted me a part of their team. Obviously it didn’t work out that way,” he said. “And that’s just the business end of it. And also everywhere I went, I’ve won. I think part of winning is having good team chemistry, and I’ve taken pride everywhere I’ve went I’ve aways tried to help people try to get better.”

not a fan of this guy

"New York — Josh Donaldson was hurt when New York Yankees teammates didn’t back him after he made a remark to White Sox star Tim Anderson about Jackie Robinson that Chicago manager Tony La Russa called racist...

Anderson said he agreed with La Russa, and several Yankees said Donaldson was wrong. Yankees manager Aaron Boone said: “This is just my opinion — (that’s) somewhere he should not be going.” New York star Aaron Judge said: “I just don’t think it’s the right thing to do there.”

“I think that was tough to hear, for sure, just for the simple fact that I pride myself on being a good teammate, and everywhere I’ve went, every organization that I’ve been a part of, minus Oakland, has offered me extensions, has wanted me to stay back,” Donaldson said during batting practice Wednesday.

“They’ve showed that they wanted me a part of their team. Obviously it didn’t work out that way,” he said. “And that’s just the business end of it. And also everywhere I went, I’ve won. I think part of winning is having good team chemistry, and I’ve taken pride everywhere I’ve went I’ve aways tried to help people try to get better.”
We can cut this dude any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom