SyracuseDino BabersFran Brown
Texas A&MJimbo FisherMike Elko
TulaneWillie Fritz (to Houston)Jon Sumrall
UCLAChip Kelly (to Ohio St)DeShaun Foster
UTEPDana DimelScotty Walden
WashingtonKalen DeBoer (to Bama)Jedd Fisch
WyomingCraig Bohl (retiring)Jay Sawvel

Last edited by a moderator:
Iowa forces head coach to fire his son from a team that, while scoring has been difficult, have gotten better this year and still make bowl games. We, on the other hand, don't have the courage to fire a coach who has only had 2 winning seasons out of eight and has been blown out in his last three games, all on national television.

In fairness, due to Iowa nepotism laws, the younger Ferentz reported to the AD, not his dad. So his dad didn’t make this decision, technically.

I learn something new on this board every single day.

I can't speak for the rest of you, but it's what keeps me coming back.

In fairness, due to Iowa nepotism laws, the younger Ferentz reported to the AD, not his dad. So his dad didn’t make this decision, technically.
True but I have a feeling dad holds a hell of a lot of sway at that university sooooo…

On Monday afternoon, SportsBetting.ag released a list of college football head coaches they believe have a higher likelihood of being relieved of their duties. Those names are below.

Next Head Coach Fired (NCAA)​

• Jimbo Fisher (Texas A&M) 4-1
  • Dana Holgersen (Houston) 5-1
  • Dave Aranda (Baylor) 5-1
  • Justin Wilcox (California) 6-1
  • Mike Locksley (Maryland) 6-1
  • Tom Allen (Indiana) 7-1
  • Ken Wilson (Nevada) 8-1
  • Butch Jones (Arkansas State) 9-1
  • Danny Gonzales (New Mexico) 9-1
  • Brent Pry (Virginia Tech) 12-1
  • Billy Napier (Florida) 14-1
  • Sam Pittman (Arkansas) 14-1
  • Jim Harbaugh (Michigan) 25-1

Done less with more than any other coach in history.
Really? He's the one that got a #1 overall class to an also ran Big 12 school.

They had one good season with Manzeil and are 6-4 this year which is as expected maybe better I don't consider AtM football more than a 6-8 win program annually. They were in the tougher half of the SEC and are about to be demoted in terms of prestige with UT and OU joining. Peer program to Ole Miss or Arkansas absolutely nothing more.

Could he bring those type of classes here?

IMG_8869.jpeg

Could he bring those type of classes here?
He has millions of reasons why he doesn’t have to do a GD thing for the rest of his life. He’s not coming to Syracuse. Tahiti, maybe. But not Syracuse.

He has millions of reasons why he doesn’t have to do a GD thing for the rest of his life. He’s not coming to Syracuse. Tahiti, maybe. But not Syracuse.

No thank you anyways. He needed massive amounts of NIL and couldn't do anything with it.

I feel like every time I see one of these huge contracts I think what in the hell are they thinking? It never works out. At least in A&M's case they can get out of it, but why commit all that money to Jimbo when it can be spent elsewhere?

Sure who knows what motivates these guys but if he wants to keep coaching I'd rather rebuild my stock in the ACC than go all the way down to the AAC.

If we are throwing out names like Herman and Mullen I don't see why you don't add him to the mix. It would be like Bill Belichick filling his staff with guys who are being paid by other organizations after being fired and pocketing the extra money for himself which he apparently does when he brings back someone like Joe Judge or Patricia. Maybe he coaches for peanuts but asks for a ton of NIL?

Wonder who that moronic loser fanbase hires to replace him? Can't really think of any candidates they'd be happy with. Kiffen maybe?

People think West Virginia, but I think he tries to land a TV gig somewhere

These schools act like European soccer clubs when it comes to switching HCs but at the same time they give these guys crazy long term guaranteed contracts. Why make big money long term commitments when the typical length of the HC will be short term?

Really? He's the one that got a #1 overall class to an also ran Big 12 school.

I'm not sure what your question mark is for. He's had huge recruiting classes, huge NIL, huge SEC money and facilities, and hasn't done squat.