2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023/2024 Syracusefan Fantasy Basketball

Welp. I was Syracuse basketball of fantasy. Had multiple opportunities to hammer teams but never won by more than two-three. When I lost, it was usually a blaze of glory butt whoooping.
If it was H2H I’d have been 13-7. Fun league, good luck to everyone.

And the injuries are starting up. In the last hour I have one out and two GTD's. Don't these guys know it's playoff time. LOL!!!
I ended up with four guys out with injuries last night including my two big guns: Tatum, Mitchell, Avdija and Fontecchio.

John Stockton played 19 years in the NBA and 16 of them he played all 82 games. I would imagine his fantasy stats were pretty good.

Down:
Jaylen Brown, Coby White, Duncan Robinson, Tyler Herro, Max Strauss, Rudy Goebert

Great week for all of this

My team is surprisingly the healthiest its been all of 2024 by a decent amount, as it was really hammered at times earlier this year with all my guys drafted #2 to #6 having long term injury or nagging issues (a few games they were all out together). Guys are coming back (Bane, JJJ, Ayton has been a beast in the last 2 weeks since he came back from an injury) Would have liked the semi's this week!

But other than Morant they are all fine "as of now", let's hope that continues next week.

Last edited:
You can sometimes find "gems" if you have injuries at this time of year to try to partially recover, but the worst part is when you have guys that are "GTD/Out" and you can't replace them yet or they are just taking games off.

I remember I somehow won the league in 2022 with crazy injuries. Thank you Nikola Jokic for never sitting any games and being an assist machine down the stretch! In the first 2 weeks of the playoffs, I had 9 different players injured on my roster over a 2 week period (Powell, Simmons, Simons, Fox, Kuzma, Hart, Bogdonevic, SGA, Watford), plus one who was OUT for a few games (Carter). I played the semi's with 3 guys "active" who were injured, but could not be replaced since all my adds were done to replace the prior weeks injuries. But by the finals, I was able to release that newest batch of injuries, with new additions of scrubs. And those scrubs stayed healthy. Too bad I can't find what that roster was.

Here was my post at the time
"
A few weeks back I had the following on my injured list:
- Norm Powell
- Ben Simmons
- Anfernee Simons

All of those players were released to add 3 new players to the injured list
- De'Aaron Fox
- Kyle Kuzma
- Josh Hart

And on my current roster I have the following injured players - I could not replace them this week because I had to use my roster additions to replace the other injuries
- Bojan Bogdanovic
- SGA
- Trendon Watford

Wendell Carter also missed the last 2 games, but looks like he will come back."

Seems like both playoff matchups could go down to the wire.

Milsap is up 5-4 against Red Autry, but there is a number of flippable matchups.

Clinton parks is up 6-3 against Hak. Hak though does have 3 categories firmly in hand, and could take back 2 categories (Rebounds and Blocks). His team usually does very well in blocks.

My team is surprisingly the healthiest its been all of 2024 by a decent amount, as it was really hammered at times earlier this year with all my guys drafted #2 to #6 having long term injury or nagging issues (a few games they were all out together). Guys are coming back (Bane, JJJ, Ayton has been a beast in the last 2 weeks since he came back from an injury) Would have liked the semi's this week!

But other than Morant they are all fine "as of now", let's hope that continues next week.

I spoke too soon - the usual suspects for me -- Murray, Ayton and Bane are now out again prior to my next matchup.. everything seems of the lingering type.

Seems like both playoff matchups could go down to the wire.

Milsap is up 5-4 against Red Autry, but there is a number of flippable matchups.

Clinton parks is up 6-3 against Hak. Hak though does have 3 categories firmly in hand, and could take back 2 categories (Rebounds and Blocks). His team usually does very well in blocks.
Coming down to the wire again

Congrats to OrangeAuburn and ClintonPark for winning their matches last night, and advancing to the Semi's.

Coming down to the wire again

You must have had a few categories switch very late last night. When I looked last night, I saw you were losing 6-3 and thought I saw you nobody left playing (but I must have been wrong on the no players playing)

You must have had a few categories switch very late last night. When I looked last night, I saw you were losing 6-3 and thought I saw you nobody left playing (but I must have been wrong on the no players playing)
Lucked into two guys playing above their heads with four steals each to get that category

I was finally fully healthy last week and was happy about it,
How things change!

6 of my 9 players that had games tonight are currently out, injured or GTD., and many are top half of my roster.

- Ayton (injured as of today). At least I was able to replace him.
- Kuzma (out with injury)
- Smith (out with suspension)
- Murray, Bane, Gordon (all questionable GTD's)

Lucked into two guys playing above their heads with four steals each to get that category

One steal made the difference between you advancing or going home.

If it had ended 30-30 in steals, the score would have been 4-4, and as the #4 seed Milsap held the tiebreaker.

Im half expecting my Laker duo to miss half their games this week for rest

Edit. As of 1145a, LeBron is a no go tonight

Last edited:
Will the Denver Nuggets please make up their damn mind!

Are you going to make me wait right to 10:00 tip-off to let me know the Jamal Murray injury status? As this would be his 3rd game out, it would be a big one since I could place him on the IL upon announcement and at least get a replacement. Everyone suspects he will be out, but they aren't announcing it.

I had replacement adds ready for 7:30 and 8:00 games, but he just remains GTD - I'd imagine by about 9;50 they will finally officially announce it, and I will have no choices left to add.

I can't waste adds. They need to be used for official injuries. Please annouce what you are doing Denver.

Will the Denver Nuggets please make up their damn mind!

Are you going to make me wait right to 10:00 tip-off to let me know the Jamal Murray injury status? As this would be his 3rd game out, it would be a big one since I could place him on the IL upon announcement and at least get a replacement. Everyone suspects he will be out, but they aren't announcing it.

I had replacement adds ready for 7:30 and 8:00 games, but he just remains GTD - I'd imagine by about 9;50 they will finally officially announce it, and I will have no choices left to add.

I can't waste adds. They need to be used for official injuries. Please annouce what you are doing Denver.
They announced Max Stroud playing ten minutes before tip. I was like, oh, thanks for the heads up

They announced Max Stroud playing ten minutes before tip. I was like, oh, thanks for the heads up

Finally around 8:30 I saw the "O" come up as his injury status.
Since it was his third game out he should have been IL eligible immediately. But he wasn't designated as "IL" player until after 9:00.

If he had been updated earlier in the day I would have added Delano Banton.
Before 9:00, I would have added Tyus Jones.
So now I'm left with the choice of adding Reggie Jackson or doing nothing... since my entire lineup is full tonight except at the PG position.

I need as many players going as I can so I added Reggie Jackson, and hope Jamal Murray comes back next game.

Finally around 8:30 I saw the "O" come up as his injury status.
Since it was his third game out he should have been IL eligible immediately. But he wasn't designated as "IL" player until after 9:00.

If he had been updated earlier in the day I would have added Delano Banton.
Before 9:00, I would have added Tyus Jones.
So now I'm left with the choice of adding Reggie Jackson or doing nothing... since my entire lineup is full tonight except at the PG position.

I need as many players going as I can so I added Reggie Jackson, and hope Jamal Murray comes back next game.
Same. I needed a Center and Richaun Holmes has been on fire, plus he still had games today, Friday and Sunday. So I pick him up, he plays 12 minutes and now he is injured and out for the game. Final Box Score: 3 boards more than a dead man and nothing else. Thanks for nothing.

Same. I needed a Center and Richaun Holmes has been on fire, plus he still had games today, Friday and Sunday. So I pick him up, he plays 12 minutes and now he is injured and out for the game. Final Box Score: 3 boards more than a dead man and nothing else. Thanks for nothing.

I think everybody is dealing with some issues now. What irk me is that my team may have been the healthiest it was in months in my bye week! I don't think my team is any stronger than others, so if I lose it's probably not injuries.

My problem with Murray was that it was a "technical" one. He should have been listed as IL eligible by Yahoo at 8:30 -- for some reason it was delayed until 9:15 so I could no longer add Tyus Jones.

At the end of the day its just Tyus Jones though, so Reggie Jackson will probably not be far off.

Well one of the semi final matchups is extremely close… easily switchable categories in almost all of them. (Clinton and GBO)

Well one of the semi final matchups is extremely close… easily switchable categories in almost all of them. (Clinton and GBO)
Dude, you keep calling me Clinton and it's Clifton. LOL. No biggie but I wouldn't want to be associated with Hillary. Bill, maybe.

So Donovan Mitchell is finally healthy for me after missing six games and 14 of 16. Not sure if he's on a minute restriction but I sat Malik Monk for him. Let's go Spida. Bring me luck.

The Clifton-Momma match is going down to the wire.
6-3 Momma, with a number of categories that could flip.

Clifton has 7 players going, Looks like Momma has 8.

The other semi-final has been decided unless I have a few players that put up 70/30/25 statlines today.

As we get to the end of the year, time to discuss some potential rule changes for next year.

Currently we follow all the standard rules for a weekly head to head yahoo fantasy basketball league.
The only deviation being that I have set the trade veto for 3 members, instead of majority members after some discussion earlier this year.

I have 2 things to consider
#1) Increasing the # of weekly permitted additions, either post all star break or at least for the playoffs, from 4 to 6. Its probably always been the case but injuries at the end suck. Especially when you can't make replacements.

#2) The trade veto rule. Should it be at least 5, 3, or more commissioner veto's. I've expressed above my lack of desire to veto trades unless its egregious and not in good faith. But if we feel that should be done, I am willing to assign an assistant commissioner who will be given that power.

Any other ideas let me know. But I really would like to change the # of additions up to 6 for the playoffs (if there is agreement)

Reactions: gbo
As we get to the end of the year, time to discuss some potential rule changes for next year.

Currently we follow all the standard rules for a weekly head to head yahoo fantasy basketball league.
The only deviation being that I have set the trade veto for 3 members, instead of majority members after some discussion earlier this year.

I have 2 things to consider
#1) Increasing the # of weekly permitted additions, either post all star break or at least for the playoffs, from 4 to 6. Its probably always been the case but injuries at the end suck. Especially when you can't make replacements.

#2) The trade veto rule. Should it be at least 5, 3, or more commissioner veto's. I've expressed above my lack of desire to veto trades unless its egregious and not in good faith. But if we feel that should be done, I am willing to assign an assistant commissioner who will be given that power.

Any other ideas let me know. But I really would like to change the # of additions up to 6 for the playoffs (if there is agreement)
It was a lot more work than I expected. I would be in favor of throwing $25 or $50 each into a pot and paying out 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Might even get more interest to expand to 12 teams.