2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

So I’m assuming with GLeague Ignite being shut down permanently, HC Jason Hart will be without a job.

I thought he would make a good HC here. But I would certainly take him for an assistant should the role open up. Could be a really good recruiter with his involvement in the top high school names in the country.
Might be very tough to lure him east. His son is a redshirt freshman at Long Beach and the Ignite was based in Henderson, Nev, close to his native California and just 4 hours from his son. (With Long Beach’s coach being canned , he might move but to the east? )

It is the school, not the coach. There is not a successful coach in DePaul in the past 60 years.
Not quite. I'd say "in the past 30 years." Coaches Ray Meyer and then Joey Meyer were very successful until the early-1990s.

Some big money UK boosters want to replace Cal with Billy Donovan. Discussed on ESPN yesterday.
Woe to any UK coach who loses in the first round to a much lower seed, twice no less.

William & Mary is a step up from Cornell?? Huh?
That surprised me also. W&M is now in the CAA, which used to be a pretty solid mid-major, but not even sure who all is in it after all the conference realignment.

That surprised me also. W&M is now in the CAA, which used to be a pretty solid mid-major, but not even sure who all is in it after all the conference realignment.
Caa is a ton better league I think. Charleston, Hofstra, Drexel.

How would we rank these jobs, I’d assume:
1. Siena
2. Cornell
3. Colgate

Also, is that a springer spaniel in your picture? I have a 7 month old springer!
Colgate job isn’t open number one.

But if you want to compare those three, it depends if you are looking at today or historically. Colgate is building a new basketball arena in the next few years and has an easier path to the NCAA in the Patriot League. Siena has been a great stepping stone, has a great arena but it is limited from a resource standpoint. Cornell is an Ivy, has the toughest academic standards and doesn’t provide athletic scholarships.

Colgate job isn’t open number one.

But if you want to compare those three, it depends if you are looking at today or historically. Colgate is building a new basketball arena in the next few years and has an easier path to the NCAA in the Patriot League. Siena has been a great stepping stone, has a great arena but it is limited from a resource standpoint. Cornell is an Ivy, has the toughest academic standards and doesn’t provide athletic scholarships.
For many coaching possibilities, the contract money being offered to them and his assistants would be a huge if not the biggest factor for how serious they are and the program’s expectations.

Louisville literally had the chairs set up for a press conference tomorrow for Dusty May and last second he goes to Mich

I'd probably have gone to Michigan also. More stable league and expectations probably are a bit more reasonable, at least for basketball, while he rebuilds from how Juwan left it.

I'd probably have gone to Michigan also. More stable league and expectations probably are a bit more reasonable, at least for basketball, while he rebuilds from how Juwan left it.
Michigan has academic constraints (there have been transfers who committed and then admissions denied their transfer) and really bad NIL in the Big10. Maybe they build up the NIL but the admissions is still an issue

IMG_0108.jpeg