2023-24 Coaching Carousel | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Coaching Carousel

Chris Mack hired Luke Murray as an ass’t at Xavier then took him to Louisville firing him before Mack’s own demise. UConn then snapped him up. Murray was with him in total for 6 years at both programs.

Chris Mack hired and fired Luke Murray as an ass’t at Xavier then took him to Louisville before Mack’s own demise. UConn then snapped him up. Murray was with him in total for 6 years at both programs.
Mack fired him at Louisville, not Xavier, to save his butt. The administration wanted changes and Mack had to put up some sacrificial lambs.

Mack fired him at Louisville, not Xavier, to save his butt. The administration wanted changes and Mack had to put up some sacrificial lambs.
I must not have been clear in my post - not the first time. I knew he took Murray with him to Louisville from Xavier working a total of 6 years with him -3 years at each program then was let go which gave Hurley the opportunity to snatch him for UConn.

Ty- I fixed it hoping it reads better now.

I think Muss's wife used to work at Fox Sports in LA so this makes sense. I heard there was some weird video from the Arky AD or something. As for why they went bad, he portals alot, maybe too much and probably chemistry issues.

He’s a hell of a coach. I think it’s a home run for USC. The guy was awesome at Utah State and Arkansas. Really wanted Syracuse to reach out to him, but knew it was a pipe dream. USC is better than both his other stops. IMO, he is a top 10 active coach right now, he may even be a top 5 coach.

Obviously there is one big question mark and that’s the transition to the Big 10. There is a lot of data points that show teams really struggle the farther removed from the geographical area of the conference. The farther teams are located, the worse they generally perform.

Lateral move
Seen a few people say this and it’s factually incorrect at basically every level.

Even with its down years the a10 is still a lot better conference than the MVC.

He’s making triple of his indiana state salary, SLU operates at triple the budget of Indiana state, plays in an arena that hold 3 thousand more seats, (with better facilities in general) in a pretty big sports market, being the only basketball show in town.

This isn’t even including the most important part of it all: Saint Louis has a huge advantage in NIL, they’ve got some good money a donors.

People keep saying “why not run it back at Indiana state” well because he may just run to beck but at SLU with all of that stuff I Just mentioned.

Seen a few people say this and it’s factually incorrect at basically every level.

Even with its down years the a10 is still a lot better conference than the MVC.

He’s making triple of his indiana state salary, SLU operates at triple the budget of Indiana state, plays in an arena that hold 3 thousand more seats, (with better facilities in general) in a pretty big sports market, being the only basketball show in town.

This isn’t even including the most important part of it all: Saint Louis has a huge advantage in NIL, they’ve got some good money a donors.

People keep saying “why not run it back at Indiana state” well because he may just run to beck but at SLU with all of that stuff I Just mentioned.
I knew the A-10 was better, but I have to admit it didn't strike me as the most exciting promotion for him and I was going to research it. But you did all the work for me. Thanks for the interesting info.