2023-24 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training...

Minor league show pony? Wasn't good enough for bad RedSox teams, and then the Nationals cast him off? Kinda of an odd pick up, no? How is that name going to play? Just added pressure for someone who probably doesn't need it at this point.

I think he did hit his first (only?) dinger against the Yankees, though. So you got that goin' for ya. Which is nice.

Minor league show pony? Wasn't good enough for bad RedSox teams, and then the Nationals cast him off? Kinda of an odd pick up, no? How is that name going to play? Just added pressure for someone who probably doesn't need it at this point.

I think he did hit his first (only?) dinger against the Yankees, though. So you got that goin' for ya. Which is nice.

He has a minor league option left.

Depth.

He has a minor league option left.

Depth.
That's kinda what i meant. Minor leagues, sell a few tickets, constantly have his name mentioned with the Derek Jeter parenthetical. A cute 'aside.' But, if he has any hopes of developing and becoming his own player, i'd think he'd want to do it in a different environment.

Well, at least the MFY didn’t get him.
But, although the Dodgers may be my second favorite team, it’s sick and disappointing that one team could sign $1.2 billion in three top players, just in the first stage of the offseason. MLB needs a salary cap.

Jordan Montgomery, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Jordan Montgomery, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Have to figure his price and/or years just went up if the also rans in the Yamamoto sweepstakes start bidding against each other.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember how purely mediocre Montgomery was with the Yankees? A 5 inning #4 starter. A few good games for the Cards/Rangers won't prevent his regression to the mean. No thanks especially for the years/$$ being talked about like he's some kind of top of the rotation guy.

Does anyone remember how purely mediocre Montgomery was with the Yankees? A 5 inning #4 starter. A few good games for the Cards/Rangers won't prevent his regression to the mean. No thanks especially for the years/$$ being talked about like he's some kind of top of the rotation guy.
Part of that was mismanagement by Yankees pitching coaches. St Louis changed Monty’s routine

We need to sign Montgomery or Snell. I read Montgomery likes Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom