2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

Agree. Looks like they are affiliated loosely with the B12, the AAC, CUSA and the P12.

Army is also available to be picked and given the bowl, it plays there regularly. They are 5-6 and if they beat Navy next week, will probably end up here. I expect Army to win.

If Army gets selected, there is no way they would match them up with Syracuse again in the same season.

But Syracuse is becoming increasingly important to the Armed Services with its Veterans Center. That might play a role in getting Syracuse selected, assuming Army goes elsewhere.

That said, the game is scheduled for December 23rd. So it doesn’t have a great advantage over Tampa date wise. My guess is that the kids want to play in the best weather possible. Tampa wins over Fort Worth. I think,

Unless the team really likes Texas BBQ…..
Army has 2 FCS wins

IMG_9007.jpeg

Athlon

Army has 2 FCS wins
Yep I think Navy only has one FCS so if they pull the upset they will go to a bowl but Army is out. Too bad, would have been our only win over a bowl team all year so far

ESPN:

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
Amon G. Carter Stadium (Fort Worth, Texas)
3:30 p.m., ABC and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Kansas vs. Syracuse

SERVPRO First Responder Bowl
Gerald J. Ford Stadium (Dallas)
5:30 p.m., ESPN and the ESPN App

Schlabach: UCF vs. Syracuse

ESPN:

Either of those would be fine.

ESPN:

AF Bowl is Dec 23

Servpro is Dec. 26 - not so conducive to travel

Easy drive for me either way.

Not sure how the tie is broken but if Wake had beaten us yesterday they had the same APR as Minnesota. Clawson may have cost them a bowl by going for the two when they were down 4. Thank goodness.
Yeah, that was a weird call. They had just made one that put them in position to need a fg to tie. To go there again is pushing your luck. I guess he didn't feel good about overtime.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was a weird call. They had just made one that put them in position to need a fg to tie. To go there again is pushing your luck. I guess he didn't feel good about overtime.

That made ZERO sense.

The first 2pt conversion try was a no-brainer.

The last one - no brain.

Think about how it played out:
Instead of a desperate 4th and goal for all the marbles, they coulda kicked a chippie to send it to OT.

They still woulda had the option to go for it, if desired.
But it wouldn’t have been a necessity.

That made ZERO sense.

The last one - no brain.

Instead of a desperate 4th and goal for all the marbles, they coulda kicked a chippie to send it to OT.

That made ZERO sense.

The last one - no brain.

We would have had over 2 minutes to get a winning FG.

ACC does not have a direct tie in with the Armed Forces Bowl. The ACC has 11 bowl eligible teams and 12 tie ins. It would be very unusual to have us play in the Armed Forces Bowl.

Three out of four sites have us there against either Kansas or West Virginia on Sat. Dec 23. It's outside of Dallas, in Fort Worth.

I also saw us in the First Responder Bowl in Dallas against Central Florida on Dec. 26th, which is a Tuesday.

Most sites I've seen from the last 24 hours have Rutgers at Yankee Stadium and BC at Fenway.

Three out of four sites have us there against either Kansas or West Virginia on Sat. Dec 23. It's outside of Dallas, in Fort Worth.

I also saw us in the First Responder Bowl in Dallas against Central Florida on Dec. 26th, which is a Tuesday.

Most sites I've seen from the last 24 hours have Rutgers at Yankee Stadium and BC at Fenway.
Man I would be pissed if I was BC and Rutgers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom