2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

I officially have no idea where we are going. McMurphy now has us in yet another I have never heard us in before, the First Responder Bowl in Texas
Make sure those motel reservations can be canceled lol

If somehow FSU gets bumped down...it could get real chaotic.

BL: what ever scenario where we play Minnesota is correct ;-)

If FSU does't get in, any chance of them being here in 2025 went out the door with it
FSU will get in, but I think any rational football fan realizes they are the weakest team of the bunch because of their QB issue.

Well Twitter is littered with SEC shills.

Yeah 16-7 doesn’t look sexy but they won the ACC championship against a solid top 15 team with their 3rd string QB. They have an elite defense. Irrespective of how they perform once they’re there or how much of a better team Alabama or Georgia are in theory, FSU deserves to be there.
Alabama because of a stupid replay official who didn't review that catch in the 1st half won that game, so neither Georgia or Alabama belong in. Texas has a better win then Ohio State, they beat Alabama on the road.
Ohio State beat Penn State who is terrible.

Seems to be some momentum towards Syracuse bowling in Detroit on the 26th. The Athletic CBS and Athlon now project that bowl.
This is what we get for complaining about Boston last year.

McMurphy says we are going to Texas.

First Responder Bowl in Dallas. GT gets Fenway. BC gets Detroit.

Pretty sure JW pulled some strings to avoid a really cold weather bowl two years in a row.

Not great but we could do a lot worse.

No one is projecting FSU making the playoffs. They are going to have to play a very pissed off Georgia in the Orange Bowl and probably lose by 20.

Last edited:
The First Responder Bowl is at Gerald Ford Stadium. It’s SMU’s football stadium.

Probably a better sell this year to put SU in the Northeast.
Not sure if this is a good idea for the day after Christmas

This whole argument for eye test and best 4 teams is complete dogchit. thank christ that there will be 12 teams next season

yesterday proved this theory. Georgia was favored over bama. Tulane was favored over smu and oregon was a damn 10 point favorite to beat washington. 0-3 in that argument

put the most deserving teams in and stop with this eye test crap. College football is so stupid in this regard.

Last edited:
Texas, Bama, OSU and Georgia. Wow, what a debate for the 1 loss teams.

Texas beat Bama but lost to a 2 loss OU team.
Bama beat Georgia but lost head to head v Texas. Probably the most wins over ranked teams.
OSU lost to number 1 Michigan, so best loss according to final rankings.
Georgia lost to Bama but had won 29 in a row and lost in the “extra” game.

Don’t know What I’d do. All have a decent argument.
It's easy. Texas and Alabama are the only two of those teams with conference championships. We are told that matters. It's the reason why ND is not allowed a bye in the 12 team playoff because they can't be a conference champion. So out goes Georgia and OSU. Texas beat Alabama AT ALABAMA. Case closed.

It's easy. Texas and Alabama are the only two of those teams with conference championships. We are told that matters. It's the reason why ND is not allowed a bye in the 12 team playoff because they can't be a conference champion. Texas beat Alabama AT ALABAMA. Case closed.

THIS.

A "conference champ" is gonna get left out.
We 'know' Michigan and UDub are IN.

So, then it's FSU, Bama, and TX.

FSU went freaking UNDEFEATED.
Results MATTER.

Texas beat Bama, AT BAMA.
That is also a result that should matter.

It's irrelevant how well FSU would or would not play in the Playoffs.
They EARNED the right to be there, based on their record.
Period. Full stop.

And I am somebody who LOATHES FSU, and wants nothing but bad things to happen to them, and only them, all the time.

If they were in the SEC this year they have 3-4 losses too.. So sure jump over there and never get in again.
What guarantee is there that the SEC wants them?

They just added the programs they always wanted FSU brings them nothing. Chances are they want UVA and UNC more to get easier games and some company for Vandy. If they want to join UCF in the Big 12 I’m sure that can happen if they pay for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom