2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

Sweet landing spot for the fans. Kids want to play where it’s warm. Fenway is garbage

Problem is thats not happening.

Dallas is not warm in December. Nor is Birmingham. Nor is Detroit.

Their chances of a desirable locale went out the window when Georgia lost, and at least here the timing is good and Cuse fans can travel to it

Their chances of a desirable locale went out the window when Georgia lost, and at least here the timing is good and Cuse fans can travel to it
I was going to say... The Texas bowl ten years ago was like high 40s low 50s. Beautiful weather lol

I’d rather play inside the Detroit dome if Fenway was my other choice.

Birmingham or Dallas in December is likely to be n the 60s, mid 50s worse case, and sunny. Boston more likely to be 40s and hit and miss with rain and crap.

But it has more to do with festivities than playing a game. No one wants to be bundled up, it’s a vaca..

Isn’t BC a shoe in for Fenway? I thought they were automatic for this?
Automatic to not get it? They won’t fill hotels and have played there multiple times.

Most of the ACC schools have fanbases that will bring 10,000 to Boston no questions asked in a bad year. It’s not like it’s being held where the Pats play.

So when they started the whole committee thing and the rankings under the grounds of "of the season ended today" it always felt stupid to me, because there's never a scenario where the season ends today until, uh, the day the season ends.

And now I know with certainty that it's all made up in the end anyway. Committee doesn't even need to adhere to their own criteria. They can just make up whatever.

Automatic to not get it? They won’t fill hotels and have played there multiple times.

Most of the ACC schools have fanbases that will bring 10,000 to Boston no questions asked in a bad year. It’s not like it’s being held where the Pats play.
I’m not sure there are any ACC teams in the 6-6 to 7-5 realm that would bring 10,000.

Yeah I don’t get why anyone feels BC makes sense? The bowls want hotels filled up like you said. No AAC team will do that so you need the ACC selection to do that

I’m not sure there are any ACC teams in the 6-6 to 7-5 realm that would bring 10,000.
It’s a popular destination with direct flights for the entire conference. Fenway is in a nicer easier to reach location than Yankee Stadium. You think people in the Carolinas wouldn’t rather travel to Boston than Tampa for 1-2 nights?

It also has good sight lines for FB the teams just have to share a sideline to not block the view of the field.

This isn’t a game in Chestnut Hill where you can’t park near the half empty stadium and have to take a crappy shuttle. I know SMU fans who were all in before 2021 was cancelled by COVID stupidity.

Boston is a world-class city. Does a minor bowl game make a difference in filling hotel beds? People go to Boston during the holidays for the Pops, Faneuil Hall, historical sites, the quaint New England towns around Boston decorated for the holidays, winter sports, major entertainment venues, pro sports, museums, culture, First Night in Boston, etc.

Last edited:
Boston is a world-class city. Does a minor bowl game make a difference in filling hotel beds? People go to Boston during the holidays for the Pops, Faneuil Hall, historical sites, the quaint New England towns around Boston decorated for the holidays, winter sports, major entertainment venues, pro sports, First Night in Boston, etc.
Yep, Boston and NY aren’t concerned with filling hotel rooms during the holidays. ( or any other time for the most part.

Brett McMurphy

@Brett_McMurphy

Oregon vs. SMU will play in Fiesta Bowl Kickoff: Jan. 1 (Monday), 1 pm ET (ESPN) All my live updates
⬇️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom