2023 Bracketology | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bracketology

GTown is a hair ahead of them on RPI. Think that makes it at least possible. Loyola is the only loss between the two teams that is below 20 RPI. You're not a Maryland supporter right? ;)
I am a Maryland fan, but I was just going by the NCAA criteria.
Yes, one never knows for sure what the NCAA selection committee will do, and as Georgetown has a slightly higher RPI and a better W-L record, they could get the higher seeding.

To be honest with you, it's not that big of a deal to me.

Princeton a little less than an hour away from taking someone’s spot. 13-4 up on Yale. Would be quite the storyline if it ends up being Denver’s.

Stevens with four goals so far.

And also reverse
Team starts out 12 you beat them then they going to win streak get in the top five but you only get a credit when they’re 12
It just doesn’t make sense to me
it is evaluated on year end rpi. any talk of top x wins before that is just chatter.

It's different just because a tournament is a whole new level. I don't think we win I'm not saying that but u never know. Just the whol environment of a tournament some teams choke as we seen the last few days. Thank god next yr there going back to it.
the strawman is would somehow give syracuse a better chance.

the known reality is that syracuse was a major if not the major element in keeping duke and notre dame out last year.

6458195b7a693.png

Albany, N.Y.
(1) Duke vs. COLONIAL/Delaware-METRO ATLANTIC/Marist
(8) Cornell vs. BIG TEN/Michigan

Annapolis, Md.
(5) Maryland vs. PATRIOT/Army
(4) Johns Hopkins vs. AMERICA EAST/Bryant

Albany, N.Y.
(3) Notre Dame vs. ATLANTIC SUN/Utah
(6) Penn State vs. IVY/Princeton

Annapolis, Md.
(7) BIG EAST/Georgetown vs. Yale
(2) Virginia vs. ATLANTIC 10/Richmond

Last three included: Penn State, Cornell, Yale

First three on the outside: Penn, Denver, Rutgers
Moving in: Michigan

Moving out: Denver
Conference call: Big Ten (4), Atlantic Coast (3), Ivy (3)

My guess on the top 8 seeds is
1) ND 2) UVa 3) Duke 4) Maryland 5) Hopkins 6) PSU 7) Georgetown 8) Cornell
Yale appears to be a head of Denver for the last at-large spot.

It actually looks like a fairly easy selection. The seeding is a little tougher.

My guess on the top 8 seeds is
1) ND 2) UVa 3) Duke 4) Maryland 5) Hopkins 6) PSU 7) Georgetown 8) Cornell
Yale appears to be a head of Denver for the last at-large spot.

It actually looks like a fairly easy selection. The seeding is a little tougher.

Seems the only squabbling is over the top three seeds (mostly ND or Duke for number one). Personally I think it should be Duke (they are number one RPI) but perhaps that Jacksonville loss holds them back. I think Hopkins will be four over UMD. Yale has head to head over Denver so I don’t think there will be much controversy. Committee always likes to surprise (see just last year with Duke, Notre Dame snubs) so should be interesting.

Seems the only squabbling is over the top three seeds (mostly ND or Duke for number one). Personally I think it should be Duke (they are number one RPI) but perhaps that Jacksonville loss holds them back. I think Hopkins will be four over UMD. Yale has head to head over Denver so I don’t think there will be much controversy. Committee always likes to surprise (see just last year with Duke, Notre Dame snubs) so should be interesting.
According to the lax reference SOS: Duke 15; ND 7; UVa 3.
ND has 6 top 20 victories to Duke's 5
UVa has 3 top 5 victories to Duke's 2

Hopkins vs Md looks very close. Could go either way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom