2023 Captains | Syracusefan.com

2023 Captains

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

BDBA66FD-3842-4CF8-9D12-2BE3F63AF73E.jpeg

With the 2022 fall ball slate finished and the 2023 season on the horizon, Syracuse University men's lacrosse has announced five student-athletes to serve as captains for this academic year.

By player vote and staff selection, Pete Fiorini, Max Rosa, Griffin Cook, Cole Kirst, and Caden Kol were selected to wear a captains' C on their jerseys this season.

With the 2022 fall ball slate finished and the 2023 season on the horizon, Syracuse University men's lacrosse has announced five student-athletes to serve as captains for this academic year.

By player vote and staff selection, Pete Fiorini, Max Rosa, Griffin Cook, Cole Kirst, and Caden Kol were selected to wear a captains' C on their jerseys this season.
3 of our 4 Section 3 alums (all but Kempney) are captains. You have to love that. I'm wondering if they end up as our 3rd midfield line together, providing an emotional spark to rally around when necessary.

Impressive of Krist to be named a Captain after just a single Fall Ball. The rumors of his character must not be exaggerated.

Some surprises to be honest, but I'm not sure who I was expecting before the announcement. Kol has really come out of nowhere for me, a backup defensemen last year, now a presumed starter and a Captain. As just a Redshirt Sophomore is even more impressive. On track to be a three time Captain - Peter Dearth is the only to do that and that was because of the Covid year.

Kirst is a leader and I said it a few times it's not just his ability on the field it's his leadership to. Such a huge addition to this team with so many young freshman having to play significant minutes. The most talented teams don't always win you need good character guys who work hard and Kirst is the perfect leader for these kids to follow. His leadership will change the culture and this team can beat more talented teams by outworking them and playing unselfish lacrosse. Kirst was captain of the USA team did whatever was asked of him. Then in crunch time he wasn't out there even his younger brother was yet he was yelling and jumping on guys when they beat Canada. I love kids like that and would take them over the most talented kid but don't have a heart like Kirst. I'm sure he proved his leadership in fall ball and they all love him

Impressive of Krist to be named a Captain after just a single Fall Ball. The rumors of his character must not be exaggerated.

Some surprises to be honest, but I'm not sure who I was expecting before the announcement. Kol has really come out of nowhere for me, a backup defensemen last year, now a presumed starter and a Captain. As just a Redshirt Sophomore is even more impressive. On track to be a three time Captain - Peter Dearth is the only to do that and that was because of the Covid year.
Brendan Curry was the 2nd 3-time captain, following Dearth, in program history last season.

I was told this year's voting was not anonymous. Has this always been the case - i.e Desko, Simmons eras.

“We couldn’t be more excited about the five young men that were elected captains by their teammates,” said head coach Gary Gait.
Makes sense Axe would get it wrong. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom