2023 college football playoffs | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2023 college football playoffs

Why is it so assumed that Michigan should be a lock and #1? Best wins were Pedo, Iowa and Ohio State. They also cheated. The rest of their schedule was a joke and Iowa is a joke.

OSU needed a miracle to beat ND. Which by the way was their best OOC win. LVille smoked ND. So on and so forth.

FSU went 2-0 against the SEC. Throttled #5 ranked LSU. So on and so forth.

It’s sucks that it’s all fixed.

Interesting that FSU is at 5 and Georgia at 6. I think if you use the committee’s injury reasoning FSU should be at 6.

IIRC, FSU was 4th in the prior “Playoff imaginary rankings”.
They won.

1-loss Texas beat a crap team, and somehow leapfrogged them.

1-loss Bama beat UGA and then somehow also leapfrogged them.

It’s almost as if they’re making this cr@p up as they go.

Interesting that FSU is at 5 and Georgia at 6. I think if you use the committee’s injury reasoning FSU should be at 6.
My problem is if you are using injury excuse, are they even top 10 by that metric? completely inconsistent reasoning

All about the benjamins. NC will be a rematch of monied favorites Texas and Bama the "big" draw the big payday according to network bigwigs. Money money and more money. Michigan/Alabama and Texas/Washington regional draws for profit maximization. Ask Wildhack, he knows how the system works.

Last edited:
For those yelling about Michigan cheating - it’s not the cheating that was the problem for them, it was getting caught

LoL. The problem with their cheating is that it literally gave them an advantage to win games. Worse imo than playing an ineligible player.

The ACC was clearly the weakest of the P5 conferences this season and an undefeated record in a lesser conference is not the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs. Cincinnati got in two years ago because of its perfect record although the Bearcats were definitely not one of the four best teams in the country. With Washington, Oregon, Texas, and Oklahoma moving to the Big Ten and SEC next year twelve of the thirteen highest ranked teams right now will be a member of those two conferences. I expect the formation of these two college football super conferences will only accelerate the departure the top ACC football programs.

IIRC, FSU was 4th in the prior “Playoff imaginary rankings”.
They won.

1-loss Texas beat a crap team, and somehow leapfrogged them.

1-loss Bama beat UGA and then somehow also leapfrogged them.

It’s almost as if they’re making this cr@p up as they go.
Exactly. There is no justification to rank Texas ahead of FSU when FSU was ahead of Texas last week and both teams won conference championships yesterday with FSU beating the better team. This weekly ranking crap and then change all the rules the last week to get the 4 teams in that you want is ridiculous.

Wrong a team that beats A bad Auburn team by scoring a TD on 4th and 31 as time runs out is not one of the best teams in football. They shouldn't have even been in the Championship game.
Then bad replay officials gave them a gift
against Georgia.
FSU beat BC by 2

The ACC was clearly the weakest of the P5 conferences this season and an undefeated record in a lesser conference is not the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs.
Your first statement is not validated by the on field game results conference vs conference, which makes it very difficult to make the argument that the ACC is a "lesser" conference.

There's no rationalization here other than actual results don't matter until a) the SEC is taken care of and b) you create a hypothetical performance and worthiness criteria based on injuries.

That and the TV angle are it.

Not surprised that once again the NCAA is a joke. I don't want to hear about competitive balance. I don't want to hear about NIL and the transfer portal ruining the game.

The meta game is everyone has to go get their bag. That's it. That's the whole thing.

The whole ACC just got relegated out of the P5. It's now a mid-major conference.
Maybe. Good thing we took the AACs best team.

I don’t think the B1G is close to the SEC and it’s SEC and then a group of 3. Unless the West Coast schools kill it we’re close to them and the Big 12.

Also until the SEC starts losing playoff games it’s a moot point with the playoff moving to 12. Isn’t Clemson the only school to ever beat an SEC team other than another SEC team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom