2023 college football playoffs | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 college football playoffs

FSU is absolutely not one of the 4 best teams in the country. Maybe not top 10.
This is silly. You are not giving them enough credit for their defense. They just held the high-powered Louisville offense that came in averaging 31 ppg to a mere 6 points. Sure, they are not as sexy a team with Travis out. But remember the one Super Bowl that the Giants lost (2000 season)? The Ravens offense sucked -- Trent Dilfer was basically just a game manager. They even had 4 games where they scored single digits. But their defense was elite. Never used to like Booger, but he sure nailed it when he said it was a travesty.

The ACC was clearly the weakest of the P5 conferences this season and an undefeated record in a lesser conference is not the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs. Cincinnati got in two years ago because of its perfect record although the Bearcats were definitely not one of the four best teams in the country. With Washington, Oregon, Texas, and Oklahoma moving to the Big Ten and SEC next year twelve of the thirteen highest ranked teams right now will be a member of those two conferences. I expect the formation of these two college football super conferences will only accelerate the departure the top ACC football programs.
ACC had the best record against the P5 conferences in 2023. Against:
  • B12: 0-2
  • B1G: 4-3
  • SEC: 6-4
Total: 10-9

P12 was the only other conference with a winning record again P5 (7-3).

Maybe. Good thing we took the AACs best team.

I don’t think the B1G is close to the SEC and it’s SEC and then a group of 3. Unless the West Coast schools kill it we’re close to them and the Big 12.

Also until the SEC starts losing playoff games it’s a moot point with the playoff moving to 12. Isn’t Clemson the only school to ever beat an SEC team other than another SEC team?
Didn't FSU beat Auburn?

I’m going to focus my energy on what is happening with Fran, his staff and recruiting and not this. This is beyond frustrating and really makes me not even want to watch the games. Although I feel UGA and Bama would be favored head to head against FSU and are the better teams as of this moment, this is not the precedent for including teams in the CFP. This is nothing but an attempt at a cash grab. To put the fate of teams solely in the hands of the committee irrespective of how the season has played out is wrong. I really feel for FSU fans. This should have been a decision between UT and Bama for better or for worse.

Last edited:
As much as I think they got the best 4 teams i believe they should have a contingency plan when they get in this type of situation.
Plenty of time before playoffs that they could have had a play in game between Alabama and FSU.
Neutral site next Saturday night after the Army- Navy game.
Can’t believe they wouldn’t want to make more money by staging another game.

Could the Pac10 and the Big12 hold back any money made by UT/Oklahoma/Wash/Oregon/etc?

Why is it so assumed that Michigan should be a lock and #1? Best wins were Pedo, Iowa and Ohio State. They also cheated. The rest of their schedule was a joke and Iowa is a joke.

OSU needed a miracle to beat ND. Which by the way was their best OOC win. LVille smoked ND. So on and so forth.

FSU went 2-0 against the SEC. Throttled #5 ranked LSU. So on and so forth.

It’s sucks that it’s all fixed.

Well, they were ranked #2 after beating #3 last week, and #1 lost. So they moved up.

I don't think that they are better than Bama or Georgia. But it make sense that they are #1 when the dominoes all toppled.

Possibly already posted... did not go through the entire thread.
But its pretty clear who Michigan wanted at #4. Screw them both (Mcih and Bama)

The ACC was clearly the weakest of the P5 conferences this season and an undefeated record in a lesser conference is not the deciding factor in who makes the playoffs. Cincinnati got in two years ago because of its perfect record although the Bearcats were definitely not one of the four best teams in the country. With Washington, Oregon, Texas, and Oklahoma moving to the Big Ten and SEC next year twelve of the thirteen highest ranked teams right now will be a member of those two conferences. I expect the formation of these two college football super conferences will only accelerate the departure the top ACC football programs.
Was it?

The ACC had a winning record vs the SEC and the B1G and had an overall winning record against P5 OOC.

The SEC and B1G were sub .500 against P5 overall

Narrative < Results

EDIT: also the #2 team in B1G beat ND by 3 points while the #2 and #3 team in the ACC beat ND by over a TD each (those were all three of NDs losses on the year)

Last edited:

That's hilarious!

Well, they were ranked #2 after beating #3 last week, and #1 lost. So they moved up.

I don't think that they are better than Bama or Georgia. But it make sense that they are #1 when the dominoes all toppled.

I’m saying in general. They’re ranking is higher than it should be based on their schedule.

They are consolidating towards their very own Premier League.

Which I think slowly you may see more politicians getting involved. Which in this case, at this point, I would welcome just for the disruption to the SEC and B10

As Bama goes crazy getting yet another Big 10 team to play in the Selected Playoffs. On the the NC game!

One week ago Alabama needed a miracle to beat a team that lost the week before to New Mexico State in rather lopsided fashion.

No one even remembers it.

I don’t weep for FSU because their arrogance probably needed this, but the committee is terrified of backlash from Nick Saban and all the lunatics in Tuscaloosa.

The subjective criteria of “4 best/most talented” teams instead of team win/loss record & earning it on the field is asinine to me… absolutely asinine.

Agree and the favorite UM did how well vs TCU last year? The game is played on the field but some still have to control even that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom