2023 Horse Racing | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Horse Racing

The usual awfulness ensues.

Geaux Rocket Ride hurt, prob career ending.

Practice Joke dies via Baffert apprentice Yakteen, sadly no suprise.

Mage doesn't make trip

Anrchangelo hurt... Good on Antonucci for sitting him though. Must hurt her to miss out on her prob only change to win this race

Arcangelo out for the Breeders? Anyone offering free insight on some of Saturday's action?

My heart wants Tamara to win on Friday although I hope Smith doesn't jack it up with a lackadaisical ride. The daughter of Bolt d'Oro and Beholder. Two of my favorite horses in recent history.

As far as Sat, I think the classic is will be one of the Japanese horses. Ushba with more money, but I think throwing something on Derma could be worth it as well. I don't buy Arabian Knight as all, but who knows what Baffert will have pumped into him.

Also, SA has been playing with a HEAVY speed bias lately. I haven't seen a closer win in awhile. If Cody's Wish doesnt stay fairly close in the Dirt Mile, I could see him being the best venerable favorite. Maybe Zozos or National Treasure

Another heart pick, yet with some reason behind it, is Chosen Vron in Sprint. Cal Bred that loves the track. I don't love him opening odds was hoping for like 8-1 or so. Can't see him not hitting board unless he gets run off his feet, but he's already competed with the best speed in the race, IMO

My heart wants Tamara to win on Friday although I hope Smith doesn't jack it up with a lackadaisical ride. The daughter of Bolt d'Oro and Beholder. Two of my favorite horses in recent history.

As far as Sat, I think the classic is will be one of the Japanese horses. Ushba with more money, but I think throwing something on Derma could be worth it as well. I don't buy Arabian Knight as all, but who knows what Baffert will have pumped into him.

Also, SA has been playing with a HEAVY speed bias lately. I haven't seen a closer win in awhile. If Cody's Wish doesnt stay fairly close in the Dirt Mile, I could see him being the best venerable favorite. Maybe Zozos or National Treasure

Another heart pick, yet with some reason behind it, is Chosen Vron in Sprint. Cal Bred that loves the track. I don't love him opening odds was hoping for like 8-1 or so. Can't see him not hitting board unless he gets run off his feet, but he's already competed with the best speed in the race, IMO
I think Cody's Wish is vulnerable too. Also Irad's suspension doesn't take place until after the Breeders correct?

Baffert's presence skews everything....hate him.

I think Cody's Wish is vulnerable too. Also Irad's suspension doesn't take place until after the Breeders correct?

Baffert's presence skews everything...hate him.
Yep, Irad is out after, so he'll be there.

Interesting bet today, All Turf Pick 3 on Races 5/7/9 but I am unable to get it on drf site.
Need a single for today's Pick 5.

Interesting bet today, All Turf Pick 3 on Races 5/7/9 but I am unable to get it on drf site.
Need a single for today's Pick 5.
With River Tiber scratched, I’m take unquestionable for a single.

endlessly likes the track, so I could see him, but the general class of the us turf horses in this race dont seem up to par to me

Last edited:
Some really good races but no level of crazy results like most years.

So Belmont definitely going to Toga the next two years? Mile and a quarter not half?
With Belmont being renovated it has to be moved but the race .at 1 1/4 is not the Belmont.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom