2023 World Championship / San Diego | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 World Championship / San Diego

Attack

Brendan Bomberry, Thomas Hoggarth, Kyle Jackson, Zach Miller, Tehoka Nanticoke, Jakob Patterson, Austin Staats, Randy Staats, Larson Sundown, Lyle Thompson

Midfield

Blake Gibson-McDonald, Stone Jacobs, Brooker Muir, Kason Tarbell, Jeremy Thompson

Defense

Ron John, Jacob Piseno, Jerry Staats, Oakley Thomas, Jerome “Hiana” Thompson, Zed Williams

Goalie

Warren Hill, Jack Van Valkenburgh

Attack

Brendan Bomberry, Thomas Hoggarth, Kyle Jackson, Zach Miller, Tehoka Nanticoke, Jakob Patterson, Austin Staats, Randy Staats, Larson Sundown, Lyle Thompson

Midfield

Blake Gibson-McDonald, Stone Jacobs, Brooker Muir, Kason Tarbell, Jeremy Thompson

Defense

Ron John, Jacob Piseno, Jerry Staats, Oakley Thomas, Jerome “Hiana” Thompson, Zed Williams

Goalie

Warren Hill, Jack Van Valkenburgh
They have O guys playing defense and still no Tyson Bomberry in this lineup?? Wonder if he is injured.

They should be competitive. Blake Behlen is legit from LIU and Stonybrook then Aviles, Will Mark, Donavon Lacy and Russel Melendez. Idk the other guys but probably a few solid guys in there.
Joshua Balcarcel did good last year on thier U21 Team in Ireland and had 42 pts for marist this year.. should be a fun team to watch!!
Go Mark and Aviles!!!

I hate the PLL but this game between USA and Canada is atrocious what a horrible representation of the creators game

I hate the PLL but this game between USA and Canada is atrocious what a horrible representation of the creators game
How can u hate the PLL? Way different then the world games. Shot clock and fast paced lacrosse. The best players in the world competing. The top players u watched in college are now competing at a higher level. I love college lacrosse but the talent level in the PLL is way way way higher then any college lacrosse game. The world games like last night is way to slow with no shot clock. To much stalling so that I agree but man if you like high level college lacrosse how can you not like a faster and even higher level game in the PLL?

Brennon O'Neal was a Beast last night. Definitely wasn't expecting that so I did enjoy the game but they definitely need to add a shot clock. Now that college has a shot clock idk how I enjoyed it so much before, I hate no shot clock now.

Brennon O'Neal was a Beast last night. Definitely wasn't expecting that so I did enjoy the game but they definitely need to add a shot clock. Now that college has a shot clock idk how I enjoyed it so much before, I hate no shot clock now.
College and PLL much better than this. I am thinking this is the last world championship in this format. Brutally slow!!

From a UVa lacrosse newsletter. Lars Tiffany on coaching the Haudenosaunee team:

"The intense spirituality found between the native culture and lacrosse is not just mythical: it is real, and raw at times. What a gift! It is truly startling to witness the stickwork and shooting: I spend 7 months a year with a very talented crew of lacrosse players, yet when I am with the Haudenosaunee … wow, it is another level.

While there may be some truth to the description that the Haudenosaunee team is composed of 20 attackmen, 2 goalies and 1 faceoff men (case in point – Zed Williams ’17 is carrying a 6 foot pole here!), the objective of building a balanced team has started to show signs of reality. The major push is to quickly implement and reinforce schemes for all phases of the game (Clearing, Riding, Defense, etc…). The field game is secondary to box lacrosse for the Haudenosaunee lacrosse player. For example, our goalie Warren Hill (who is a starter in the NLL) discovered he needed a new chest protector because mice had eaten his. When asked about it, he said he hadn’t looked in his field lacrosse equipment bag for over 4 years…

The team is filled with superb lacrosse players. 3 of the 4 Thompson brothers are here: Haina (D), Jeremy (FO/SSDM) and Lyle (A/M). 3 Staats are here as well: Audi (A), Jerry (D) and Randy (A). Kyle Jackson (M) has been playing exceptionally well. And there are many other offensive weapons on this team! ..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom