2023 Yankees Season | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Welcome to Game 162. For those of you who are still here, what the hell for?

That’s all folks…..

82-80.

In this week's excuse press conference Cashman will crow about this with injuries blah blah and the feckless media won't have the guts to ask about his horrible roster contruction. Nothing will change and another year of Cole and Judge's prime will be wasted. Eat Sleep Rave Repeat

I hope Hal channels more Cohen and less Dolan in the coming days and weeks.

Even if he doesn't win, I thought he played a fine SS this season. Especially since a lot the scouting rumors and press scuttlebutt was that he didn't have the arm.

Still, I think one of the bigger mistakes of the last couple of years was not committing to Corey Seager as the SS until Volpe or Peraza were ready and then moving Seager to 3B or 1B. Instead they tried to get cute by acquiring IKF and Donaldson.

Even if he doesn't win, I thought he played a fine SS this season. Especially since a lot the scouting rumors and press scuttlebutt was that he didn't have the arm.

Still, I think one of the bigger mistakes of the last couple of years was not committing to Corey Seager as the SS until Volpe or Peraza were ready and then moving Seager to 3B or 1B. Instead they tried to get cute by acquiring IKF and Donaldson.
Seager is a great talent but for a team that has struggled with injuries in recent years, he’d be another guy for the injury pile as he has logged a lot of IL time in his career. Also not sure he’d go for a position switch at this time in his career. You’re right about Volpe though, while offensively he was a bit disappointing, he over-performed defensively and looks more than up to the task.

Definitely could use some real LH hitting though, and ideally not via another big FA signing where the team is stuck with multiple years of a declining player making big $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom