2023 Yankees Season | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Eh I've accepted it. Not even close to good enough on offense this year. Rays and Orioles are without doubt better overall. Same with Houston, obviously. LAA is all in to make a run too.

I think we can still pass the Sox, but other teams are simply better. At least the playoff stress will be gone this year.

Wandy, Sevy and IKF are all in their walk years.

Get what you can for them.
Torres might bring the best return right now. I believe it is also Baeder's last contract year....and if someone would take on even half of Stanton's remaining salary I would gladly turn that page.

Torres might bring the best return right now. I believe it is also Baeder's last contract year...and if someone would take on even half of Stanton's remaining salary I would gladly turn that page.
You'd need to give up someone and Stanton for basically no return. Stanton is an aging, sub 200 hitter with a massive contract who is injury prone. Nobody wants him.

Yes, this is Bader's last year. Trade him. The best return would come from a fire sale of the Yanks BP, but that won't happen.

Wandy, Sevy and IKF are all in their walk years.

Get what you can for them.
Cashman listening to offers on his broken toys and off-brand knock-offs. Should get a few single A lottery tickets, but the Yankees need near ML-ready players. Wandy should be easy to move for a decent prospect. No one is going to pay anything for IKF or Severino. Bader might get a decent prospect, but nothing like Montgomery. Torres would be a good get for someone as he's still cost controlled for next season.

Cole has an opt-out after next season. Basically he can decide if he would do better than a 4 year/$144m contract. My guess is very much yes. He'll be able to get at least a 5 year/$200m contract without blinking.

Sell them all. The major league roster sucks and there’s no help coming from the minors. Accept that reality and burn it down. Then, if Hal had any balls, he’d fire Boone and Cashman.
Football camp opens soon.

Whether you feel Cashman needs to go or not I think its clear at minimum the Yankees need to totally overhaul their scouting team. The lack of homegrown produced players is astounding and every "can't miss prospect" inevitably ends up failing to meet expectations by a mile or is a complete bust. Outside of relief pitching the farm system has become a black hole.

Whether you feel Cashman needs to go or not I think its clear at minimum the Yankees need to totally overhaul their scouting team. The lack of homegrown produced players is astounding and every "can't miss prospect" inevitably ends up failing to meet expectations by a mile or is a complete bust. Outside of relief pitching the farm system has become a black hole.
That and guys like Sancez, Torres start out great and then falter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom