2024/2025 SyracuseFan Fantasy Basketball | Syracusefan.com

2024/2025 SyracuseFan Fantasy Basketball

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Hello All.

I see that the league has been auto-renewed by Yahoo, so all 10 league members from last year should have received a link or be able to access the league page via accessing Yahoo Fantasy Sports.

As all 10 members were active last year, I have not deleted any teams.

Regarding Teams.
#1. If any of the 10 teams from last year that have been auto renewed do not want to participate, not a problem. Let me know and I will remove you from the league.

#2. New members are being accepted and are welcome. (12 spots are currently open), could expand league to 14 with demand. No experience needed, all I ask is that you stay active. It's a casual league. Follow the link below to sign up.

Rule Changes from Last Year

#1. IL+ is now in effect.
IL Eligible Players include those marked as IL like the past. - but IL+ adds those marked as "Out" and "GTD" as being eligible to be placed on IL. Due to this change the IL List has increased from 3 to 4.
#2. Post All-Star Break Roster Move Increase - due to the number of players sitting due to various reasons such as tanking and rest, IL+ spots will increase from 4 to 5 after the all star break, and player adds will increase from 4 to 5.

Trade Voiding

One of the points of debate last year was the voiding of deals that some felt were unfair. My feelings on this have been known. As moderator, I don't void "bad" trades only those that were clearly done in bad faith. That being said not everybody agrees with this philosophy, so there is a vote down option. I will retain the same procedure as last year - for a deal to be voided, it must be voted down by at least 3 members.

League Fees - Not this Year
There was some discussion about making this a money league. I think it would add a little too much complexity for the time being We can revisit the discussion this year and see if its viable for the following year.

Last edited:
Draft has been set up for the Sunday Night before the season starts at 8:00 PM EST. I think this is the same time it has normally been.

Hopefully it works for everybody. If there is demand for a weeknight, such as Monday or even Opening Night let me know. It's flexible,

I will be in Europe during the time of the draft. I'd love to be able to draft live with you guys if possible jncuse

I will be in Europe during the time of the draft. I'd love to be able to draft live with you guys if possible jncuse

What’s the latest time you can do in terms of EST? They tend to go pretty quick about 30-45 minutes IIRC.

What’s the latest time you can do in terms of EST? They tend to go pretty quick about 30-45 minutes IIRC.
I guess the latest would be start time of 4pm EST. That would push me up to 11pm which is ok.

League members - regarding GBO's request for 4:00 EST (it would need to be a Sat or Sunday) For me its not an issue, I'd make it work.

I would like to accommodate his request. However, I can see 4:00 on a weekend being harder for some to make than 8:00. So I don't want a change resulting in less showing up either.

So here is the question - if the draft time is changed from 8:00 to 4:00 would it likely result in you not making the draft? Post here or DM me if you prefer to remain anonymous If I get nothing to suggest that less people would show up, the draft time will change from 8:00 to 4:00.

Reactions: gbo
League members - regarding GBO's request for 4:00 EST (it would need to be a Sat or Sunday) For me its not an issue, I'd make it work.

I would like to accommodate his request. However, I can see 4:00 on a weekend being harder for some to make than 8:00. So I don't want a change resulting in less showing up either.

So here is the question - if the draft time is changed from 8:00 to 4:00 would it likely result in you not making the draft? Post here or DM me if you prefer to remain anonymous If I get nothing to suggest that less people would show up, the draft time will change from 8:00 to 4:00.
No issue for me, I don't think.

Do we have two more people to join the league? Would be cool if we had a full league.

Do we have two more people to join the league? Would be cool if we had a full league.
I wouldn't be opposed to someone taking my spot in the league. However, if no one does, I guess I could stay in. I just can't do a Sunday draft. That Saturday is fine, or could we do a weeknight before you leave for Europe.

• Wow
I wouldn't be opposed to someone taking my spot in the league. However, if no one does, I guess I could stay in. I just can't do a Sunday draft. That Saturday is fine, or could we do a weeknight before you leave for Europe.

Hey gbo

When is the last day you can feasibly do the draft during an evening?

Hey gbo

When is the last day you can feasibly do the draft during an evening?
An evening as in 8pm EST? It would be after the season starts. Could we move it back to 6pm if that's better for everyone?

Last edited:
I get the sense your heart isn't in this...

I get the sense your heart isn't in this...
I will do it, if no one else wants to, so I don't leave you guys hanging.

I've refused to partake in fantasy sports in the 30 years or so that they have become popular, so this was my first go round. But, I'm a pretty competitive person, and when I had a chance to make a jump in the standings the last two weeks and my best two guys, Tatum and Mitchell, sat games when they weren't injured, it validated why I never did fantasy in the first place. But I think I might have finished 6th in the regular reason and moved up to 4th in the playoffs, so my first foray wasn't completely unsuccessful.

Is the draft on Saturday or Sunday jncuse?

Last edited:
The Fantasy Draft Date has changed to 5:30 Sunday.

We are still at 10 teams like last year. I will selectively post the link in 1 or 2 other threads over the next few days, and hope we can get to 12.

I will be watching the Cameron Crowe documentary on Tom petty so I'm going to be on auto draft

I will be watching the Cameron Crowe documentary on Tom petty so I'm going to be on auto draft

I have seen people do well of the auto draft picks, so I hope you continue to play the season either way!

Does anybody know the Syracusefan usernames of the following teams:
- Parsil Canyon
- Marek's Marlb Red Autry (KT)

Would like to send a reminder to them.

Does anybody know the Syracusefan usernames of the following teams:
- Parsil Canyon
- Marek's Marlb Red Autry (KT)

Would like to send a reminder to them.
Pretty sure Parsil Canyon is Shenexon and Marlboro Reds is Orange auburn

Pretty sure Parsil Canyon is Shenexon and Marlboro Reds is Orange auburn

Correct on OrangeAuburn / Marlboro - for whatever reason I thought he was another team - So I accounted for everybody be Shenexon.

I'll send something to Shenexon and hope he can make it.

A good turnout for the draft. Thank you. Seemed like 8 of the 10 people showed up for the draft, based on what I saw on the draft queue on the mobile app. And I suspect the 2 that were not able to make it, will still participate in the season.

So should make for a season where one still has to do some work to get into the playoffs.

I can't promise for sure that fantasy basketball will click for me the way football does, but I love the NBA and am interested in giving fantasy basketball a try again (last time I played was a good 10+ years ago when the only way to play was categories rather than points), so if you need someone to join, let me know!

How's everyone feeling about their teams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom