2024/2025 SyracuseFan Fantasy Basketball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024/2025 SyracuseFan Fantasy Basketball

I can't promise for sure that fantasy basketball will click for me the way football does, but I love the NBA and am interested in giving fantasy basketball a try again (last time I played was a good 10+ years ago when the only way to play was categories rather than points), so if you need someone to join, let me know!

Unfortunately the draft was just completed, otherwise would have been great to add an extra team.

As of now, it does appear that everybody will be active, but if someone drops out in the next few weeks will let you know in case you want to pick up the team.

How's everyone feeling about their teams?
I'll let you know in two weeks. LOL!!!

I didn't know i was going to have the overall #1 pick. I guess it's just picked randomly and not how we finished last year.

The good news is that I got to pick between Wemby and Jokic. I didn't feel I could go wrong with either, but went with Jokic just because he's been pretty consistent at a very high level over his career. So, now I have to live with my decision.

The bad news is that you don't pick again until #20 and #21. One issue last year was that I didn't feel I had enough quality centers. After I took Jalen Brunson at 20 and then I took my #2 center with Alperen Sengun, who was a little stretch at 21, but I needed to do it. And then later on, I was able to pick up Jaren Jackson Jr at #40 and John Collins at #101. And the last two are also designated as PF, so I feel like my bases are covered there.

So right now I feel pretty good. As long as my other guys remain healthy, I deliberately stayed away from guys who take rest days and chose guys who historically played a lot of games. We will see how that strategy plays out.

I'll let you know in two weeks. LOL!!!

I didn't know i was going to have the overall #1 pick. I guess it's just picked randomly and not how we finished last year.

The good news is that I got to pick between Wemby and Jokic. I didn't feel I could go wrong with either, but went with Jokic just because he's been pretty consistent at a very high level over his career. So, now I have to live with my decision.

The bad news is that you don't pick again until #20 and #21. One issue last year was that I didn't feel I had enough quality centers. After I took Jalen Brunson at 20 and then I took my #2 center with Alperen Sengun, who was a little stretch at 21, but I needed to do it. And then later on, I was able to pick up Jaren Jackson Jr at #40 and John Collins at #101. And the last two are also designated as PF, so I feel like my bases are covered there.

So right now I feel pretty good. As long as my other guys remain healthy, I deliberately stayed away from guys who take rest days and chose guys who historically played a lot of games. We will see how that strategy plays out.
I was secretly hoping you'd leave Wemby for me at #2.

I was secretly hoping you'd leave Wemby for me at #2.
Probably like the Bulls felt in 84 when Portland let MJ slide to them. I just felt Jokic and Wemby were so close and conservative me chose the established vet, knowing all along how much Wemby might improve from year one to year two.

So when you win it all, just remember to give me a cut of your winnings.

Probably like the Bulls felt in 84 when Portland let MJ slide to them. I just felt Jokic and Wemby were so close and conservative me chose the established vet, knowing all along how much Wemby might improve from year one to year two.

Good deal.

Jokic is the safer pick because of his durability... he also doesn't tend to sit many games (if any) once Denver has clinched.

I'm still concerned about the Wemby durability factor -- I would have taken him #4 after Doncic and SGA.

But all four were well ahead of the pack. I remember they had Anthony Davis as the #5 ranked player in terms of ADP I think... seems like a big drop off

Jokic is the safer pick because of his durability... he also doesn't tend to sit many games (if any) once Denver has clinched.

I'm still concerned about the Wemby durability factor -- I would have taken him #4 after Doncic and SGA.

But all four were well ahead of the pack. I remember they had Anthony Davis as the #5 ranked player in terms of ADP I think... seems like a big drop off
Eh, the previous season Jokic definitely sat and it hurt me in the playoffs.

I had a whole roster built in my head and added like two of those guys total.

Hoping things work out but I have some doubts early

I like my team a lot. I’m expecting a big year from Scottie Barnes. I have shares of him in all of my leagues, and just picked him up in a keeper league to go along with my other keepers (Spida, LeMelo and Ja.)

You also can’t go wrong with drafting point guards and typical big men and rounding out your roster with high stock(s) guys. I try to go that route every year and pay less attention to %s because those tend to fluctuate year to year and if you draft well, those won’t hurt you.

I completely ignore turnovers as a category because traditionally the best players also have high turnovers (Doncic, etc)

I like my team a lot. I’m expecting a big year from Scottie Barnes. I have shares of him in all of my leagues, and just picked him up in a keeper league to go along with my other keepers (Spida, LeMelo and Ja.)

You also can’t go wrong with drafting point guards and typical big men and rounding out your roster with high stock(s) guys. I try to go that route every year and pay less attention to %s because those tend to fluctuate year to year and if you draft well, those won’t hurt you.

I completely ignore turnovers as a category because traditionally the best players also have high turnovers (Doncic, etc)

Your team was viewed as the favourite when I looked at the projected standings (using rotisserie format) that was available on draft night.

I was going to take Scottie Barnes with my second pick, but felt taking him at #12 was too high -- I certainly would have taken him between #15-#20

My concern with Scottie is that he is a strong candidate to "sit" for end of season tanking. The Raptors are putting all the words out there cautioning people about expectations, its a "developmental" year, and that they look to continue to add to their base. Because of the idiotic Jacob Poeltl trade in Feb 2023, they either owed their first round pick to San Antonio in 2024 or 2025. They got it over with in 2024, and they are prime contenders to tank hard in 2025.

I feel my top end picks were not good or balanced.

For the first 10-15 minutes of the draft, I was returning home with someone else driving and drafting via an app. Talking between my picks and not paying much attention -- and I think the "quality" of my picks reflect that. Should have went with a big at #7 instead of Edwards... the last 4 or 5 picks, I was back on my computer so I was able to use the projected stats to try to better balance my team,

How's everyone feeling about their teams?
I was able to get some of the band back together so I feel pretty good about that.

Your team was viewed as the favourite when I looked at the projected standings (using rotisserie format) that was available on draft night.

I was going to take Scottie Barnes with my second pick, but felt taking him at #12 was too high -- I certainly would have taken him between #15-#20

My concern with Scottie is that he is a strong candidate to "sit" for end of season tanking. The Raptors are putting all the words out there cautioning people about expectations, its a "developmental" year, and that they look to continue to add to their base. Because of the idiotic Jacob Poeltl trade in Feb 2023, they either owed their first round pick to San Antonio in 2024 or 2025. They got it over with in 2024, and they are prime contenders to tank hard in 2025.
Be careful about judging the projected standings. I was projected 1st in the football league and my team is a complete dumpster fire...

I was able to get some of the band back together so I feel pretty good about that.

Be careful about judging the projected standings. I was projected 1st in the football league and my team is a complete dumpster fire...
I see at this moment that for me, Tatum was a wise pick

• Love
Reactions: gbo
Injury bug struck my guards early on this year.

Down three, possibly four guys in week one.

If I miss the playoffs by a point I know to blame today.

If I dressed nobody today I win 7-2 (my original plan)... I did it expect it to be 8-1 but Chet Holmgren went off with 7 blocks.
If I dressed everybody I win 6-2.
ut I saw a chance to get to 9-0 win so I dressed Steph Curry at the last minute. He got 6 TO's - worst case scenario I ended up losing 6-3

If I miss the playoffs by a point I know to blame today.

If I dressed nobody today I win 7-2
If I dressed everybody I win 6-2.
The option I chose (playing Steph Curry and TJD) at the last minute made me win 6-3.

I saw a window to possibly win 9-0, and it blew up in my face as Steph Curry had 6 Turnover's.
Haha, and I managed my team quite crappy this week!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom