2024-25 Coaching Carousel | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Coaching Carousel

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
SchoolOld CoachNew Coach
ECUMike Houston
Southern MissWill Hall

Last edited:
So there’s precedent for firing a coordinator midseason. Who knew? I was told we can’t do that here.

You knew this was coming sooner than later with these teams going to the SEC and B1G as they beat up on one another. Fewer games against punching bags than they had before with the same expectations to win games. There will be coaching casualties in this new world order.

You knew this was coming sooner than later with these teams going to the SEC and B1G as they beat up on one another. Fewer games against punching bags than they had before with the same expectations to win games. There will be coaching casualties in this new world order.
Yup. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy in Venables. (Sarcasm)

Syracuse offensive coordinator Jeff Nixon, 50, also may get a look for this job. A Penn State product who spent almost two decades coaching in the NFL, including three years with the Carolina Panthers, Nixon has done a really nice job in his debut season with the Orange. They rank No. 2 in the country in third down offense, up from No. 63 last year.
(2nd from last)

Wouldn't be surprised if ole Gus gets his pink slip after this season. There was a lot pre-season chatter that this wasn't going to be a pretty good team this year but they have stunk it up. Wouldn't be surprised if they were to reach out back to Scott Frost to see if he would come back. Think it would a good move for both parties and maybe Frost has learned something after his debacle at Nebraska.

Wasn’t Ted Roof the defensive coordinator for Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech? I have very bad memories of that game from the Scott Shafer years, including a shot of Roof in the press box laughing because everything they did that day worked.

Wasn’t Ted Roof the defensive coordinator for Paul Johnson at Georgia Tech? I have very bad memories of that game from the Scott Shafer years, including a shot of Roof in the press box laughing because everything they did that day worked.
So many opposing coaches laughed at us during the Shafer years I can’t keep anyone straight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom