2024-25 Roster | Syracusefan.com

2024-25 Roster

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
As of now, our scholarship guys look like this (going by positions on official Syracuse roster):

Center
Eddie Lampkin (Grad Transfer)
Naheem McLeod (Senior)
William Patterson (Redshirt Freshman)

Forward
Chris Bell (Junior)
Donnie Freeman (Freshman)

Guard
JJ Starling (Junior)
Kyle Cuffe (Redshirt Junior)
Chance Westry (Redshirt Sophomore)
Elijah Moore (Freshman)

As I mentioned in a prior post, we have 4 scholarships left to give. One will almost assuredly go to a starting point guard, as has been described many times.

I think two SHOULD go towards getting proven depth at forward. Sure, Westry can slide over play some 3. Maybe that's what the expectation is. But I think we would be wise to get depth there, especially when the two players on our roster are largely unproven (Bell, to me, still has a lot of work to do in order to become a legit starter in the ACC).

We are probably done with center. So I could see us getting 2 forwards and possibly 2 guards with the 4 scholarships. I know Boeheim usually never used all 13 scholarships, which in my opinion is a waste of resources. But even if we do only use 12, we will still add 3 more guys.

Long winded way of saying, just because you don't like a certain kid's shooting prowess (J. Davis from Delaware), doesn't mean he can't join this team and be a useful part.

Last edited:
Toss Jerami Grant and James Southerland in at forward, and Michael Carter-Williams at PG and we are cooking with gas, folks!

I think a little too much emphasis is put on starter role reserve role back up this back up that. Why can't we just recruit players and let them figure out how much they'll play and whether its starting or off the bench. I also don't think near as many players are guaranteed or told they'll start than fans think are. We need 4 forwards. We have one than can really shoot. We have a new one we believe can rebound and shoot some. Wouldn't it be nice to have a forward than can take the ball from the wing or the baseline and drive to the rim? Maybe we could also find a forward that can rebound. Maybe a couple of the forwards could even play some defense. The with those skillsets all mixed together our coaches can figure out how to win games. There is a role for 2 more forwards. And not every player in the portal is sold on being a starter or nothing else. Maybe a kid from the CAA or MEAC wants to play in a major college basketball every game, not just a couple times per year. Maybe that kid is confident enough that he knows that if he plays well, he'll get time as part of the forward rotation.

As of now, our scholarship guys look like this (going by positions on official Syracuse roster):

Center
Eddie Lampkin (Grad Transfer)
Naheem McLeod (Senior)
William Patterson (Redshirt Freshman)

Forward
Chris Bell (Junior)
Donnie Freeman (Freshman)

Guard
JJ Starling (Senior)
Kyle Cuffe (Redshirt Junior)
Chance Westry (Redshirt Sophomore)
Elijah Moore (Freshman)

As I mentioned in a prior post, we have 4 scholarships left to give. One will almost assuredly go to a starting point guard, as has been described many times.

I think two SHOULD go towards getting proven depth at forward. Sure, Westry can slide over play some 3. Maybe that's what the expectation is. But I think we would be wise to get depth there, especially when the two players on our roster are largely unproven (Bell, to me, still has a lot of work to do in order to become a legit starter in the ACC).

We are probably done with center. So I could see us getting 2 forwards and possibly 2 guards with the 4 scholarships. I know Boeheim usually never used all 13 scholarships, which in my opinion is a waste of resources. But even if we do only use 12, we will still add 3 more guys.

Long winded way of saying, just because you don't like a certain kid's shooting prowess (J. Davis from Delaware), doesn't mean he can't join this team and be a useful part.
They need forwards

How many total portal players does Red plan to bring in? We've lost 7 guys (Assuming Hima is gone) from last year's team. We got our big man. Still need a starting pg and I would imagine at least 2 more depth guys off the bench?

How many total portal players does Red plan to bring in? We've lost 7 guys (Assuming Hima is gone) from last year's team. We got our big man. Still need a starting pg and I would imagine at least 2 more depth guys off the bench?
Need 4 with 2 freshmen, at least. That would put us at 12 scholarship players. And I don’t think there are any worthwhile freshmen that will help immediately.

I think a little too much emphasis is put on starter role reserve role back up this back up that. Why can't we just recruit players and let them figure out how much they'll play and whether its starting or off the bench. I also don't think near as many players are guaranteed or told they'll start than fans think are. We need 4 forwards. We have one than can really shoot. We have a new one we believe can rebound and shoot some. Wouldn't it be nice to have a forward than can take the ball from the wing or the baseline and drive to the rim? Maybe we could also find a forward that can rebound. Maybe a couple of the forwards could even play some defense. The with those skillsets all mixed together our coaches can figure out how to win games. There is a role for 2 more forwards. And not every player in the portal is sold on being a starter or nothing else. Maybe a kid from the CAA or MEAC wants to play in a major college basketball every game, not just a couple times per year. Maybe that kid is confident enough that he knows that if he plays well, he'll get time as part of the forward rotation.
That isa great thought but it isn't realistic. Kids want to know, and won't go to a school without knowing, exactly what their roles will be, Am I going to start? Am I going to play the pt? What kind of defense are we going to play? How does that help me? What kind of offense are we going to play? Does that help me show what I can do? How much do I get in NIL? Who else is going to be on the team?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom