2024 ACC Tournament | Syracusefan.com

2024 ACC Tournament

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
GMQ3qu3XQAA3ger

2024 ACC Men’s Lacrosse Championship
American Legion Memorial Stadium, Charlotte, N.C.
Friday, May 3

5 p.m. – No. 4 Virginia vs. No. 1 Notre Dame
8 p.m. – No. 3 Duke vs. No. 2 Syracuse

Sunday, May 5
Noon – Semifinal Winners

All games televised on ACC Network

Carc said near the end of the ND/Va game that the worst postion for one of the 4 teams is to win on Friday and lose on Sunday after hanging around Charlotte for two more days. So I guess he thinks it's better than that to lose on Friday and get more rest before the NCAAT.

After being embarrassed by Cuse earlier and the What performance today, could be a game to pick Duke - whatever on FanDuel.

Carc said near the end of the ND/Va game that the worst postion for one of the 4 teams is to win on Friday and lose on Sunday after hanging around Charlotte for two more days. So I guess he thinks it's better than that to lose on Friday and get more rest before the NCAAT.
I didn't understand that statement. Dumb.

I will say, I’m not sure what’s in it for Notre Dame. They seem to have the top spot locked up. At this point they might just be risking injury. Will be interesting to see how much effort they put into their rematch with UVA.

I still think it’s a benefit for the team that losses the championship game. It’s all just a RPI booster anyway - they aren’t missing out on an AQ. They would still be helping their RPI and tournament seeding probably just by playing in the game.

UVA would love to beat ND and not end the season on a four game losing streak, even if they lost two days later. I’m sure Duke doesn’t want to end the season going 0-2 against SU and losing two straight to end the season. We’ve already covered how big of a deal it would be for SUs seeding to beat Duke again. Outside of injuries, these games don’t pose much of a downside. They will still have a week between their first round ncaa game, would think that’s plenty of time to rest up and prepare.

Looking forward to it and hopeful for a W or two. It's a great venue (was there for the Hopkins game) with the magnificent Charlotte skyline in the backdrop.

It'll be a warm late afternoon/evening, with a daytime high expected to be 86 degrees, and 30-40% chance of T-storms.

Really don’t get his hang up on the timing of the ACC tournament. Haven’t heard him say anything about the BIG playing Thursday and Sat.

SU is playing for seeding, I guess as long as they get to LI that’s what matters. Get there and think they have a better chance of getting to the final four

Really don’t get his hang up on the timing of the ACC tournament. Haven’t heard him say anything about the BIG playing Thursday and Sat.

I think his premise is more that it's a fruitless endeavor. Quint has said the same thing. These schools challenge themselves all season. Being the best and deepest conference, each ACC game takes a toll. The top four that play in the tournament are already NCAA bound. So what's the point of playing two more road games (neutral site but away from their campus) when you can't even earn a bid?

I think his premise is more that it's a fruitless endeavor. Quint has said the same thing. These schools challenge themselves all season. Being the best and deepest conference, each ACC game takes a toll. The top four that play in the tournament are already NCAA bound. So what's the point of playing two more road games (neutral site but away from their campus) when you can't even earn a bid?
As the ACC always played their tournament before the end of the season (I think before we joined), it was always done to enhance each school's RPI going into the NCAAT for seeding and at-large bid purposes. I recall that John Desko always complained that they did that. It so happens that this year it isn't needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom