2024 Cuse Draft projections | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Cuse Draft projections

I’d like to go on record saying that Bronny will be a legit 1st round and maybe lottery talent a year from now

Man I dunno. His ceiling to me is Marcus Smart. He plays hard and is a strong plus athlete but he's not elite at most things just good all around. There are a lot of those guys without the name that are fringe guys.

Man I dunno. His ceiling to me is Marcus Smart. He plays hard and is a strong plus athlete but he's not elite at most things just good all around. There are a lot of those guys without the name that are fringe guys.
yeah he’s 6’3 right now. unless he grows some, think that Smart ceiling is about right, and Smart was a dominating college player

It definitely feels like at the moment, he’s in that sort of Smart/Gary Payton Jr mold. Helpful player to have but not the kind of ceiling you usually chase in the lottery. Big potential difference is (I sadly don’t have access to the high school numbers anymore) it sounds like he may be a good catch and shoot guy which could likely push him above the Payton types and maybe even the Smart types.

Jeff Goodman is probably the highest of anyone on Bronny and he doesn't even think he is a one and done.

Yeah, in the best world, I think this may be the case. Only thing I'd say is that Bronny may have a higher bball IQ down the line (see: not shooting dumb threes).

I actually like Bronny and what he brings. In fact, he's one of the guys I think a team can get in the late first round / second round, potentially, that you want on your team because of D, hard work, high IQ, passing, etc. Steady and productive.

And to be clear, Marcus Smart is a big time compliment for top end.

Yeah, in the best world, I think this may be the case. Only thing I'd say is that Bronny may have a higher bball IQ down the line (see: not shooting dumb threes).

I actually like Bronny and what he brings. In fact, he's one of the guys I think a team can get in the late first round / second round, potentially, that you want on your team because of D, hard work, high IQ, passing, etc. Steady and productive.

And to be clear, Marcus Smart is a big time compliment for top end.

Yeah I didn't see Smart as a negative but as a ceiling it means he has value but more very late first/early to mid second. Just not the kind of shining star that ppl want him to be because of his name. Way too much anointing this kid at this point but overall a higher floor moderate ceiling player.

Now if he gets on campus at 6-6 having a growth spurt... may have to reevaluate a little.

I think Mintz has already answered one of my questions by adding 10-15lbs of muscle this off season... He was way too slight of build to defend anybody in the NBA last year.

If he can also continue to show his skill at running an offense and improve his catch and shoot/pull up 3 point shooting to an acceptable NBA percentage in only one season, I see no reason why he shouldn't go in the first round. Borderline lottery pick seems crazy, but it only takes one scouting team to fall in love with him...

I think Mintz has already answered one of my questions by adding 10-15lbs of muscle this off season... He was way too slight of build to defend anybody in the NBA last year.

If he can also continue to show his skill at running an offense and improve his catch and shoot/pull up 3 point shooting to an acceptable NBA percentage in only one season, I see no reason why he shouldn't go in the first round. Borderline lottery pick seems crazy, but it only takes one scouting team to fall in love with him...
I like your take, but I am more in the wait and see camp before I would venture a guess as to Judah’s eventual draft position.

he is a bit smallish for the next level, so he will have to exhibit some sort of a plus skill for the first round. His strength seems to be in driving the ball, but instead of finishing strong and upright thru contact he always seems to end up on the deck whether he makes the shot or not. I am not so sure that will work at the next level In terms of his staying healthy. IMHO, the single thing he needs to improve the most is finding and kicking to the open man on his drives.

anyways, I love his game at the college level and I will be rooting for the young man to have it translate to the next level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom