2024 Men's Div I Bracket | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Men's Div I Bracket

Which scares me. Between expensive travel teams, prep and private schools, and PG years, I fear sometime in the near future there aren't going to be any public school guys playing Top 20 DI lacrosse.

I know the public perception has traditionally linked lacrosse to money and New England boarding schools, but tons of public school guys were excellent college players. Will we ever see three of the best college lacrosse players come out of something like the Carthage Comet program?

I didn't expect the game to evolve as quickly as it has to a "bigger, faster, stronger" contest. (I'm a broken record around here complaining about pinched, offset heads with fishing net pockets)

That's a contributing factors to why CNY talent has fallen off from what it's been in the past but the growth of the game is the single biggest driver (more kids who might've dedicated themselves to football now pick lax).

I grew up in Syracuse and live in suburban Rochester. The public high school of the town I live in has produced a few (1-3?) DI players every decade or so. It's not a factory by any stretch. We've already had two kids who would've been in this year's Sophomore and Junior classes leave to reclass at NE boarding schools (last year and 2 years ago). They are very good players but I think only the should be Sophomore is likely capable of playing on a Top 20 DI team (assuming his current trajectory continues).

I think outside of very large metro areas like Long Island, Philly and Baltimore, DC/NOVA it's going to be increasingly rare that Top 20 DI lacrosse talent stays at public schools and doesn't go private.

I think it’s closer than that. Watched it a couple of times now. In the moment you could hear the whistle and know that the play should be stopped, but that whistle really needed to be blown right then?

Before the horn blows you can hear someone yell “Blow the horn.”

GNd42sFW8AAqplt

Agrees but if your the Duke AD, you gotta let Dino know it's time to retire. Zero titles in more then a decade and none with O'Neil, horrific.
No titles with O’Neil is awful.

Interesting if they tell him to step aside for his son or blow the whole thing up. (I doubt they do either but wouldn’t be surprised).

Wierman has been on a tear the last few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom